Fairfield county CT lift install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Fairfield county CT lift install

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
EddieIba

Fairfield county CT lift install

Does anyone recommend a place to have a suspension lift installed Fairfield county CT or even in hudson valley NY ?

The lift I am looking at is
http://www.skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=19628

Any feedback on this lift, I use to have a sky jacker but it seems now Teraflex is the way to go?

Moved from Utah and I cant find anyone who specializes in lifts.

Best,

(2010 JK)

EddieIba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
semprafudge
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've heard EVB in danbury does good builds at a decent price, I've never had any work done there, just something i've heard from multiple people
semprafudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For you the closest places are probably EVB as previously mentioned or SVE in East Haven.

While I have a TJ, not a JK, that lift doesn't look that hard to install. My guess is you could find a few people around who would be willing to help and save yourself some money.
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
justinlancaster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fairfield Auto & Truck in Fairfield, CT just installed a Rough Country 3.25" lift on my TJ and did an awesome job. The guys there are great!
justinlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

You could always have Clayton install one of his kits . . .
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
Beerman77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

EVB specializes in Clayton lifts. They are in Danbury over by the mall - convienent for testing flex on speed bumps.
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
That would be my choice if I was going to have one installed by someone. Clayton's shop is in waterbury and I'm sure they will do a good job installing their own lifts.
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
noodles5124

noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Beerman77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
Evb basically totaled a friends truck...
So are you going to share your story or are you just out trash EVB because your "friend" had a bad experience with them??
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
Clayton Offroad
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Hello. We are very busy trying to come out with new products and keeping up with daily orders. But we still do an install from time to time. We only install our components, but if you are interested in one of our lift kits, send us an email and I can go over all the details with you.

Either way, goodluck with your JK build.

Adam
Clayton Off Road Inc.

I also live in Norwalk, so you might see our red JK on 37s cruising around once in a while.
Clayton Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman77

So are you going to share your story or are you just out trash EVB because your "friend" had a bad experience with them??
Excuse me? Trash evb? I'm not trashing anyone just stating facts...I think $17000 worth of damage is a little more than a bad experiemce
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
noodles5124

Supercharger they installed was not compatible with the truck, to many bends in the exhaust- way to much back pressure blown transmission and computer
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
jim8860

Quote:
Supercharger they installed was not compatible with the truck, to many bends in the exhaust- way to much back pressure blown transmission and computer
This must be Mike with the Dodge Ram Hemi with the Prochager kit. EVB installed the Prochager to the factory specs for Mikes ram truck. At this time Mike did not want to go for the upgraded tranny because of his budget at this time. A few weeks later he goes to a muffler shop and get "Chrome Side Pipes" He shows up on our door pissed because his truck no longer runs right . We ask EVB to install a custom side bed exit system. He was there for every inch of the install giving his approval. Once the Job was dome we took it for a ride and all was good. High fives to all the guys in the shop. After the party was over Mike ask if could settle up the bill the next day. After a year plus of work and 3 trucks later we guess it would be fine. Well guess what we were wrong . Mike too the truck to some other shop and the both jumped on the bashing wagon and Mike never payed his bill of $1200.00. Some of the best parts are not even are talk about. Stuff like how Mike got in a fight with the other shop owners and the cops are called in . Or the time he called us back for some warranty work and the list goes on and on. As most know the custom car business is small and people do talk. So we try our best to fix problems. Nobody is perfect how ever EVB did no wrong here all we tried to do is to fix some other shop mess . Don't forget there is always two side to a story. You can go on what your friend said rumor are easily spread. Also we can rant and rave for hours but there is no reason too. People are allowed to form opinions about us all we can do is encourage you from your own experiences . Ask around and see what most people think about EVB. If anyone needs more info about this please stop in or PM me. Thanks
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
Beerman77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim8860 View Post
This must be Mike with the Dodge Ram Hemi with the Prochager kit. EVB installed the Prochager to the factory specs for Mikes ram truck. At this time Mike did not want to go for the upgraded tranny because of his budget at this time. A few weeks later he goes to a muffler shop and get "Chrome Side Pipes" He shows up on our door pissed because his truck no longer runs right . We ask EVB to install a custom side bed exit system. He was there for every inch of the install giving his approval. Once the Job was dome we took it for a ride and all was good. High fives to all the guys in the shop. After the party was over Mike ask if could settle up the bill the next day. After a year plus of work and 3 trucks later we guess it would be fine. Well guess what we were wrong . Mike too the truck to some other shop and the both jumped on the bashing wagon and Mike never payed his bill of $1200.00. Some of the best parts are not even are talk about. Stuff like how Mike got in a fight with the other shop owners and the cops are called in . Or the time he called us back for some warranty work and the list goes on and on. As most know the custom car business is small and people do talk. So we try our best to fix problems. Nobody is perfect how ever EVB did no wrong here all we tried to do is to fix some other shop mess . Don't forget there is always two side to a story. You can go on what your friend said rumor are easily spread. Also we can rant and rave for hours but there is no reason too. People are allowed to form opinions about us all we can do is encourage you from your own experiences . Ask around and see what most people think about EVB. If anyone needs more info about this please stop in or PM me. Thanks
Hmmmm.....sounds like your friend is a *******.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.