Calling all CT Jeepers! (Nepaug Forest) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Calling all CT Jeepers! (Nepaug Forest)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
MuddSlutt
2001 WJ 

CT no0b here looking for some weekend fun in the mud

MuddSlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
Joe07
1995 ZJ 

Im from Bristol. I have a ZJ on 31s. If anyone wants to go wheeling hit my up via email Joestamand85@gmail.com I have a crappy work schedule but I dont have many jeep friends to go out with,
Joe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #18
wicked93xj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I'm always up for a little wheeling no matter the difficulty and I know of a few spots around me (around and south of middletown) send me an e-mail ewizard09@gmail.com or PM.
wicked93xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #19
MuddSlutt
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked93xj View Post
I'm always up for a little wheeling no matter the difficulty and I know of a few spots around me (around and south of middletown) send me an e-mail ewizard09@gmail.com or PM.
are these legal spots?
MuddSlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
wicked93xj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8-6 View Post
are these legal spots?
some are some aren't
wicked93xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm in Derby. I went up to Nepaug last fall on a scouting mission in my WJ by myself. The trails are simple, like someone said, most can be driven in a Civic. It is good for a first timer or someone looking to put around in the woods.
I did almost get stuck in a mud pit on one of the off-shoot trails. Luckily I didn't get stuck or get in trouble. Since it is about an hour and change for me to get there, I can't say there is anything of interest up there for me now.
One thing I HIGHLY recommend in there (as is true with any forest/woods) is a GPS..Preferably a hand held one that can track your path. I know the factory Mopar GPS has a "Trail" function that lays down a bread crumb trail so you can at least follow your path out. I have a hand held one and still got turned around in there. If I remember correctly, many of the trails do show on the GPS.

I am really on the hunt to make friends with someone with some private land and have also pondered joining a club, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I hear that the powerlines in MA (unlike CT) are considered "public". With that said, I have heard of trails/powerlines just over the NW CT border. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #22
bword

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJeepWJ View Post
I'm in Derby. I went up to Nepaug last fall on a scouting mission in my WJ by myself. The trails are simple, like someone said, most can be driven in a Civic. It is good for a first timer or someone looking to put around in the woods.
I did almost get stuck in a mud pit on one of the off-shoot trails. Luckily I didn't get stuck or get in trouble. Since it is about an hour and change for me to get there, I can't say there is anything of interest up there for me now.
One thing I HIGHLY recommend in there (as is true with any forest/woods) is a GPS..Preferably a hand held one that can track your path. I know the factory Mopar GPS has a "Trail" function that lays down a bread crumb trail so you can at least follow your path out. I have a hand held one and still got turned around in there. If I remember correctly, many of the trails do show on the GPS.

I am really on the hunt to make friends with someone with some private land and have also pondered joining a club, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I hear that the powerlines in MA (unlike CT) are considered "public". With that said, I have heard of trails/powerlines just over the NW CT border. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.
Derby here too
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
Liza
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTJeepWJ View Post
I hear that the powerlines in MA (unlike CT) are considered "public". With that said, I have heard of trails/powerlines just over the NW CT border. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here.
Power lines in MA are not "public". They are either private property with easements granted to the power companies, or actually owned by the power companies. In either case, to be legal, permission is needed from the owner.
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the clarification

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
Unread 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #25
wjnewguy
2004 WJ 

went to nepaug today... only about a 15 minute drive for me and the trails are pretty decent, i was surprised.
wjnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #26
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey WJ, from what I have heard, you just have to stay to the "main" trails. All the fun stuff under the power lines is off limits, unless you are walking or mt biking. I hear they are getting more and more strict over there.

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
Unread 11-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #27
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Theres a couple good spots in branford /north branford
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #28
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

really? that isnt far from me. are they legal? care to share their location?

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #29
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i dont know if its "technically" legal but the cops tell us to go there when we get caught at other places.

when i first got my jeep and went off road with someone i asked if the place was legal and his response was "if you have to ask that, you got into the wrong thing" and that sometimes you gotta pay to play.
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #30
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Interesting that they cops tell you to go there when you get caught. Do you have a street that I can look at on Google Maps? PM me if you don't want to blast it to the world.
Thanks man

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
2010 JK & 2004 WJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.