Anybody near Ellington, CT? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Anybody near Ellington, CT?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
OlYellerTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Front u-joints? At first I thought it was my brakes. I had just driven through a flooded section of road and heard a scraping metal on metal sound up front, similar to a warped rotor but it sounded worse/louder when I turned the wheel on corners.
I just had the worst one replaced (passenger side). The driver's side makes a little noise but is serviceable for the moment. It needs replaced soon, though.

Unread 08-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #47
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYellerTJ View Post
Front u-joints? At first I thought it was my brakes. I had just driven through a flooded section of road and heard a scraping metal on metal sound up front, similar to a warped rotor but it sounded worse/louder when I turned the wheel on corners.
I just had the worst one replaced (passenger side). The driver's side makes a little noise but is serviceable for the moment. It needs replaced soon, though.
yeah that sounds pretty close to what I'm experiencing. I'll check it out, thanks
dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #48
blacknbluexj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm from Ellington let's go out sometime
blacknbluexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #49
blacknbluexj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Green road can be alright porter road is the best around here was up there yesterday with a buddy of mine everything from decent rock crawls to mud pits up there
blacknbluexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #50
TikiDave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknbluexj
Green road can be alright porter road is the best around here was up there yesterday with a buddy of mine everything from decent rock crawls to mud pits up there
Just be careful on Porter. DEP has been out there as well as people taking photos of the Jeeps on the trails.
TikiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #51
Dustin1090

I'm from Ellington too. Been up to Porter Rd. several times with two different xj's of mine and a friend's Dakota. That's definitely a cool spot to go. Idk of much else in the area. In the market for an xj or zj right now, haven't had a Jeep for a few months
Dustin1090 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.