Anybody help a fellow Jeep guy out??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Anybody help a fellow Jeep guy out???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 09-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
CTcherokee96
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody help a fellow Jeep guy out???

I have a 96 cherokee auto that I believe the flex plate is cracked/broken. Makes a terrible noise coming right from that area in Park, can move in reverse but noise is still loud, neutral it goes away, and in drive it stalls out.

After some research that's what I'm guessing. So I guess I'm here to ask for any input you guys have if you think it's something different?

Also if anyone from ct can help me fix it if it is the flex plate? I don't have a lot of $$ but I can pay or buy pizza/beer!

Any input/help just give me a shout on here thanks guys

CTcherokee96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
rabblerouser
1987 XJ Cherokee 

underneath the jeep on the bellhousing is usually an inspection cover. best suggestion would be to pop that off and take a gander at your flywheel. make sure to spin the crank so you can see all of the flexplate, either by pulling the plugs and spinning it, or pull the fuel pump fuse, start it, let it die, and then bump starting.
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.