Any Good Trails in CT? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Any Good Trails in CT?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
Liza
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I know this is going to come off preachy but...Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlanglois22 View Post
i have respect for other people's property, and for the record, my favorite place to wheel is in gaylordsville and the only person's land that we touch is a police officer and we use to fly by his house so he wouldn't do anything, and one day he stopped us and was like "all i'm asking of you guys is to slow down by my house, you're causing dust. my daughter wheels her willy's out there weekly." he was a really cool guy. and besides most powerlines.. actually all power line trails are state property and there is not a single trespassing sign.. so yeah i sort of do have permission

1. You know just because something is state property it's not necessarily fair game right?
2. I can guarantee that not every power line trail in CT is owned by the state. Many of them are easements over private property.
3. Lack of trespassing signs DO NOT give you "permission" to be anywhere. You might want to study up on the State's trespassing laws.
4. Flying by a cop's house so he didn't bother you...that's mature.
5. You obviously have a lot to learn about responsible wheeling. Going where ever you want, just because "no body bothers me there" is irresponsible and makes the rest of us who are trying to do it the legal, responsible way look bad.

Last edited by Liza; 08-04-2010 at 11:22 AM..
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
kevinlanglois22
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I know this is going to come off preachy but...Really?

1. You know just because something is state property it's not necessarily fair game right?
2. I can guarantee that not every power line trail in CT is owned by the state. Many of them are easements over private property.
3. Lack of trespassing signs DO NOT give you "permission" to be anywhere. You might want to study up on the State's trespassing laws.
4. Flying by a cop's house so he didn't bother you...that's mature.
4. You obviously have a lot to learn about responsible wheeling. Going where ever you want, just because "no body bothers me there" is irresponsible and makes the rest of us who are trying to do it the legal, responsible way look bad.
well first of all, let me state the fact that at least i know how to count. and second, cops can't say anything about trespassing if it's not posted.

oh and lastly, this thread is here to tell this kid where there are wheeling trails. i simply stated where i go wheeling. lay off my back, please and thank you.

1996 XJ
kevinlanglois22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #18
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

FYI, discussing illegal wheeling on this forum will get you banned. I'd C&D before a mod shuts it down.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
testify
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
well first of all, let me state the fact that at least i know how to count. and second, cops can't say anything about trespassing if it's not posted.
oh and lastly, this thread is here to tell this kid where there are wheeling trails. i simply stated where i go wheeling. lay off my back, please and thank you.
Oh really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Connecticut All Terrain Vehicle Laws
There are no statutes or regulations in CT regarding full size OHV use. There are designated snow mobile trails and new DEP regulations for ATV use but land has yet to be designated for ATV use (an organized group will need to put together a proposal for this to be done).

This is a portion of the Recreational Land Use Act, Conn. Gen. Stat. 52-557f, et seq.

It doesn't say no trespassing on my front door, does that mean you can walk right into my house?
Unread 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #20
kevinlanglois22
1996 XJ Cherokee 

LAY OFF! i just told him where i go wheeling. that's it. i never ask for any of your opinions, and just keep them to yourselves. that's where me and all my friends go and we haven't had any problems yet. so just give me a damn break. none of you are even from Connecticut so why are you even bothering?

1996 XJ
kevinlanglois22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
testify
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
LAY OFF! i just told him where i go wheeling. that's it. i never ask for any of your opinions, and just keep them to yourselves. that's where me and all my friends go and we haven't had any problems yet. so just give me a damn break. none of you are even from Connecticut so why are you even bothering?

I tresspass all the time when I go wheeling. However I don't post about it online and then try to argue about it and make ignorant statements.

For the future, those locations are better shared via a PM.
Unread 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The reason why we get pissed is because it's idiots like you that make it so I have to drive 3 hours to get in decent wheeling.

Wheel illegally/irresponsibly = Trails get shut down.

See if you can think beyond your own 3" d*ck before saying "who cares" next time.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
cheezomlet

Trails in New Milford and Gaylordsville

I live in Sherman, where are the trails in New Milford and Gaylordsville?....

Thanks!
cheezomlet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #24
tjmaniac
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wheeling

let's just hope that when kevin grows up he smartens up! and by the way i live in ct.
tjmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #25
YJSteveD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You can always go behind the Portland fairgrounds, not sure if that's legal or not but a ton of people go there. VERY easy to get stuck if you go off the main trail!
And in Berlin, there's a trail that's name something like Carabetta trails. I've never been down it, but my friends go all the time, no one's said a word to them. Not sure if that's legal or not either.
Might wanna call up both towns to check the legal statuses of them.
Good luck!
YJSteveD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
Pontiacman
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJSteveD View Post
You can always go behind the Portland fairgrounds, not sure if that's legal or not but a ton of people go there. VERY easy to get stuck if you go off the main trail!
And in Berlin, there's a trail that's name something like Carabetta trails. I've never been down it, but my friends go all the time, no one's said a word to them. Not sure if that's legal or not either.
Good luck!
Hey, another Southington Jeeper ! I would love to find closer trails.

Been going to Mass, NH and Maine, so always a long drive but worth it.
Mine:2003 TJ Rubicon Flame red, 5 speed, 4.88 gears, rear Detriot locker, RE 3.5" SF, 1" BL, 1" ML, MT/Rs 35" x 12.5 on Soft 8s, PSC Rocker Knockers, Warn 8274, Warn 620 flood lights, GP Fab rear bumper / tire carrier, MCE 4.5" fenders
Hers:2009 Wrangler X six speed soft top, one option = AC, Rubicon Tires and wheels
Pontiacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #27
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJSteveD View Post
Good luck!
I thought that was owned by The Carabetta Companies/Carabetta Apartments. Should probably obtain written permission from the landowner if anyone plans to go there to be on the safe side.
BNL TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Best bet is to join a club.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #29
sghavidel
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone know a good place for some wheeling in southwestern CT fairfield county area if its not legal yet im good friends with mayor malloy to get a permit or petition for some legal trails down here.
sghavidel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
Pontiacman
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghavidel View Post
Anyone know a good place for some wheeling in southwestern CT fairfield county area if its not legal yet im good friends with mayor malloy to get a permit or petition for some legal trails down here.
As stated previously, your best bet is to join a club. Jonfund members are in your area of the state.

One of the first lessons I learned about wheeling is there are no legal places in CT, therefore I quickly accepted the fact I will be driving a distance to go Jeepin. If you join a club, there is some private property you can wheel on with the club. I have wheeled with the NH crew at ExporingNH.com, leaving my house at 5:00 am, wheel all day, then drive back. They have plenty of class VI roads. Getting a hotel room is always an option, or during the warm weather some people camp out. There is Rausch creek in PA and soome trails in Mass.
I joined a Jeep club in Maine, as my famliy has property there. Awesome trails there and plenty of them.
The expense of traveling to wheel is part of the hobby
Mine:2003 TJ Rubicon Flame red, 5 speed, 4.88 gears, rear Detriot locker, RE 3.5" SF, 1" BL, 1" ML, MT/Rs 35" x 12.5 on Soft 8s, PSC Rocker Knockers, Warn 8274, Warn 620 flood lights, GP Fab rear bumper / tire carrier, MCE 4.5" fenders
Hers:2009 Wrangler X six speed soft top, one option = AC, Rubicon Tires and wheels
Pontiacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.