2nd Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival - Sat August 16, 2014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > 2nd Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival - Sat August 16, 2014

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 06-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

2nd Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival - Sat August 16, 2014

On Saturday August 16th, 2014 Ocean State Jeepsters in partnership with Paul Bailey's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram will present the 2nd annual Ocean State Jeep Festival.

This event will feature trail rides on 40 acres owned by the dealership, offroading 101 seminars, kids activities, a show & shine competition, RTI ramp, food provided by Dan's Place of West Greenwich, RI and local vendors.

The trails range from stock friendly to difficult and all vehicles entering the trail system must be properly registered and insured.

See you there!

Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
OlYellerTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

SWMBO and I enjoyed last year's event. We'll be there!
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

94.1 WHJY has signed on as an event sponsor and will be on site spinning the good tunes.

This coming Sunday we will be expanding both trails. Stay tuned for pictures.
Unread 07-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

We had a very productive work day on Sunday. Both trails on the property were significantly expanded and some exciting new obstacles have been opened up. Remaining work includes signage and creating by-passes for the lesser built rigs.

The vendor list includes:
  1. Paul Bailey’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
  2. Dan’s Place (food)
  3. Proline Tactical (firearms & training)
  4. Dels Lemonade (World famous lemonade)
  5. Dragline Offroad (RI-based maker of synthetic winch rope)
  6. Autorust Technicians (RI-based maker of Jeep frame patches)
  7. NBX Bikes (best bike shop in RI)
  8. RI National Guard (rock wall)
  9. On Site Trucking (snow plows)
  10. Great American Jeep Rally (charitable fundraising)
  11. WHJY (live radio feed)
  12. Crawling for a Cure (breast cancer research fundraising)
  13. Kettlebottom (video production & outdoor adventures)
  14. Cutting Edge Graphics (vinyl graphics)
  15. Offroad Elements (Jeep parts & accessories)

We are excited about the trail system and very pleased with the mix of vendors. The 2nd Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival is shaping up to be a great event and we look forward to seeing many of you there. In the mean time here are a few pictures from the trail work day:

Unread 07-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
iann32
1995 ZJ 

Hopefully ill be able to go!
iann32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
codyjames
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's this weekend. Who's going?
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
iann32
1995 ZJ 

Unfortunately I won't be kind of iffy with my control arms. Dont even want to go on trails till I get new ones...
iann32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #8
BigMoe
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very disappointed. Showed up to event wanting to check it out, the OSJeepers were charging $10 to enter the event. The advertisement said $10 per jeep. I asked if I parked elsewhere if I had to pay they said yes. Tasca does fun Ford day and does not charge admission, why here? There are plenty of ways to make money, this is gouging. What am I buying for $10, a parking spot or admission? Plenty of money is being made by food and product vendors, if I knew this money was going to a charity or a worthy cause I wouldn't have any heartburn. Looking forward to today's event and greed has ruined it!
BigMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

We are sorry you feel that way.

There was NO CHARGE for people walking in off the street. The modest $10 per vehicle fee helps offset the considerable expense involved with hosting an event of this magnitude. Insurance, porta-potties, police detail, rentals, signs, staff uniforms, etc. all add up quickly.

The membership of Ocean State Jeepsters is passionate about the sport of four wheeling. The primary reason we host these events is to generate positive public awareness and introduce new people to the sport. Its not about profit. Our members volunteered over 600 hours to plan and host this event and not one of them accepted a penny of compensation for their efforts. In fact many members donated amounts ranging from $50 to over $200 out of their own pockets to help offset costs and provide raffle items.

We pride ourselves on offering these events at far below market value. Admission to comparable events typically ranges between $20-$75 per person (not per vehicle!) and is oftentimes much higher. Members of the Jeep community who regularly attend our events could not disagree with you more as the feedback has (again) been overwhelmingly positive. Here is just a sampling of comments that have been left on our Facebook page:

Quote:
What a wonderful day!!
Quote:
Huge Thanks to Ricky from Ocean State Jeepsters! He & the great staff of OSJ bailed me out . . .
Quote:
Had a GREAT time with my 2014 copperhead wrangler......first time ever offroading and had a blast.
Quote:
Awesome day! My herd of kids had a blast!
Quote:
We had a blast THANK YOU!
Quote:
Had such a great time, my kids loved it, glad to be part of such a great community.
Unread 08-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #10
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

The membership of Ocean State Jeepsters would like to thank everyone who turned out for this event. Words cannot do justice to this great day so here are the pictures:

Unread 08-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #11
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.