2013 Great American Jeep Rally - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > 2013 Great American Jeep Rally

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
Rafikie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lets keep in mind those spotters are there voluntarily and would probably be having much more fun if they were in their rigs blasting over the rocks

Eric, your an exception to the rules of wheeling

Unread 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikie View Post
Lets keep in mind those spotters are there voluntarily and would probably be having much more fun if they were in their rigs blasting over the rocks

Eric, your an exception to the rules of wheeling
That is true. I was volunteering that day, but we did get a lunch break and they even gave us a ticket for free lunch. No reason for sammiches on the job. I stared into the sun for 4 hours because I didn't want to leave my post to grab sunglasses.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
Rafikie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No rest for the wicked. I'm sure the help was appreciated.
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #19
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikie View Post
No rest for the wicked. I'm sure the help was appreciated.
It was very much appreciated.

[url]www.jeeprally.org[/url] Great American Jeep Rally
Schwalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dam I was planning on going for the first time but I guss I'm not gonna be going in the mud or rocks cuz I don't have a hook up point on the back but I hope I can go and have a good time especially cuz it's on my b-day!
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Dude, you have almost 2 months to get a rear tow hook. DO IT and BE THERE!!!
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #22
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead
Dude, you have almost 2 months to get a rear tow hook. DO IT and BE THERE!!!
I'll try and get a tow hook or a bumper as a early b-day present but if not I'm probably still gonna go. just not go in the mud or rocks.

Lol I was just at valley truck and offroad, cuz my brother and buddy both had there trucks lifted there and I always wondered what they did with the extra space behind the shop lol now I know...and they defiantly put it to good use
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
OMEGA46
2012 JK Wrangler 

Newb here. How do you think a 2012 stock JK 2DR with only mud terrains would do in the mud pit? Get stuck ya think? I live not far from this event and looking forward to going.
OMEGA46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
Schwalby
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA46 View Post
Newb here. How do you think a 2012 stock JK 2DR with only mud terrains would do in the mud pit? Get stuck ya think? I live not far from this event and looking forward to going.
It depends on the condition of the trench when you get to the front of the line. I would suggest watching it a bit and see what setups are making it through. We do hook a cable to you so if you don't make it through we can drag ya out. A lot of people get dragged out.

[url]www.jeeprally.org[/url] Great American Jeep Rally
Schwalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
OMEGA46
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwalby View Post
It depends on the condition of the trench when you get to the front of the line. I would suggest watching it a bit and see what setups are making it through. We do hook a cable to you so if you don't make it through we can drag ya out. A lot of people get dragged out.
Thanks for the advice. Im sure ill need to be dragged out at some point lol
OMEGA46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #26
RaevynCarrion
1996 ZJ 

Quick advice question, guys. I wanna go, but I don't have any tow points (that I'm aware of.) My girl is a close-to-stock 96 ZJ on a 2" BB and 235/75/15s. I don't wanna do anything crazy as it's my DD, but I would like to have the option to participate, lol. Any suggestions?
RaevynCarrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #27
rabblerouser
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaevynCarrion View Post
Quick advice question, guys. I wanna go, but I don't have any tow points (that I'm aware of.) My girl is a close-to-stock 96 ZJ on a 2" BB and 235/75/15s. I don't wanna do anything crazy as it's my DD, but I would like to have the option to participate, lol. Any suggestions?
Do you have a trailer hitch? If so you can get a tow hook or shackle to put in the reciever, and that would be good enough for the mud at least I think
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #28
RaevynCarrion
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Do you have a trailer hitch? If so you can get a tow hook or shackle to put in the reciever, and that would be good enough for the mud at least I think
I don't have one yet. I'm supposed to get one "soon" due to the whole NHTSA recall thing...but the way Chrysler is going it won't be before the 14th. And that's what I was thinking as well, but I'm still not sure what to do about the front as it says "front and rear recovery points required"
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
rabblerouser
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaevynCarrion View Post

I don't have one yet. I'm supposed to get one "soon" due to the whole NHTSA recall thing...but the way Chrysler is going it won't be before the 14th. And that's what I was thinking as well, but I'm still not sure what to do about the front as it says "front and rear recovery points required"
The front is required for the rock obstacles, the rear is enough for the mudpit at all the events I've been to at this place.
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
RaevynCarrion
1996 ZJ 

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I'll prob give Chrysler a call again on Monday and see if the parts are in yet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.