JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Connecticut Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f359/)
-   -   2013 Great American Jeep Rally (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f359/2013-great-american-jeep-rally-1466875/)

Schwalby 01-21-2013 10:42 AM

2013 Great American Jeep Rally

Hope to see a lot of people there!!

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...noucementA.png

Freestyle713 01-22-2013 05:27 PM

Already reserved that day off from work :laugh:

KateKGB 01-25-2013 01:41 PM

Ill be there. I volunteered this past fall as my first jeep thing and artfully crafted that parking lot if I do say so myself. In fact, my jeep is the first on the left! As much find as I had volunteering, I think this time around I will go as a spectator and really enjoy walking around now that I know a lot more about Jeeps and mine is a little sexier.

rabblerouser 01-29-2013 05:03 PM

Ill be there for sure, even if my jeep doesnt make it that far through summer haha. If it does, im definately making sure ive got recovery points this time. Getting told to get out of line was a bummer lol

KateKGB 01-29-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14875228)
Ill be there for sure, even if my jeep doesnt make it that far through summer haha. If it does, im definately making sure ive got recovery points this time. Getting told to get out of line was a bummer lol

I know. I was devastated when I realized my back bumper covered my rear recoverey point. Not this year!

rabblerouser 02-02-2013 04:25 PM

At least you had a back bumper lol. I had ripped mine off a week or two before pulling someone out, and didnt think to get a hitch from a junkyard until day of, and they wouldnt let me just hook to the shackle.

KateKGB 02-02-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14896546)
At least you had a back bumper lol. I had ripped mine off a week or two before pulling someone out, and didnt think to get a hitch from a junkyard until day of, and they wouldnt let me just hook to the shackle.

So what are the requirements? does it have to be a hitch?

Schwalby 02-04-2013 09:24 AM

For the rock piles you have to have front and rear recovery points and either a cage (wranglers) or factory roof (XJ, WJ...)

For the mud trench you have to have rear recovery point and either a cage (wranglers) or factory roof (XJ, WJ...) It is recommended that you also have front recovery points but not required. Sometimes pulling a stuck jeep forward in the trench is better then pulling it all the way backwards.

Leaf spring shackles can not be used since they are part of the suspension, chance of pulling the leaf srping from the Jeep. The recovery strap can not be wrapped around a bumper. If your bumper has recover points, somewhere to attach a d-ring, those can be used. If you have a receiver hitch recovery shackle point that can be used. A ball hitch can not be used. Any factory recovery points can obviously be used also.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

KateKGB 02-04-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwalby (Post 14904741)
For the rock piles you have to have front and rear recovery points and either a cage (wranglers) or factory roof (XJ, WJ...)

For the mud trench you have to have rear recovery point and either a cage (wranglers) or factory roof (XJ, WJ...) It is recommended that you also have front recovery points but not required. Sometimes pulling a stuck jeep forward in the trench is better then pulling it all the way backwards.

Leaf spring shackles can not be used since they are part of the suspension, chance of pulling the leaf srping from the Jeep. The recovery strap can not be wrapped around a bumper. If your bumper has recover points, somewhere to attach a d-ring, those can be used. If you have a receiver hitch recovery shackle point that can be used. A ball hitch can not be used. Any factory recovery points can obviously be used also.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Thanks a bunch. I wont be tackling the rock piles. I saw an XJ get hung up bad on the undercarriage and have to be pulled off. I will however be ready for that trench this year. Thanks for the guidelines!

Schwalby 02-04-2013 09:47 AM

Rocks are being rebuilt over the summer. We usually redo them every year so check them out, you may want to try them. It also looks like there will be more rocks coming in so that should help make things better for the wide range of people that come.

KateKGB 02-04-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwalby (Post 14904871)
Rocks are being rebuilt over the summer. We usually redo them every year so check them out, you may want to try them. It also looks like there will be more rocks coming in so that should help make things better for the wide range of people that come.

Sweet. I should be all armored up by then so maybe I will give it a shot

Freestyle713 02-04-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateKGB (Post 14904823)
Thanks a bunch. I wont be tackling the rock piles. I saw an XJ get hung up bad on the undercarriage and have to be pulled off. I will however be ready for that trench this year. Thanks for the guidelines!

That's probably not the rocks' fault. The spotters last year were pretty bad.

Also, is the small rock pile going to be bigger than it was last year? Nobody even used it. It was just a bed of rocks, not really challenging, even for the smallest jeep.

Technohead 02-05-2013 06:04 AM

Hmmm. I thought the spotters were great. Deep Woods Extreme guy guided me over the big rock pile no problem and I'm only rolling on 33's. I guess the driver bears some of the responsibility . . . :D

Freestyle713 02-05-2013 10:28 AM

I was reading a lot of the comments on their FB page and everybody said they sucked. A lot of more than capable rigs were getting stuck. I also heard they were eating sandwiches while trying to spot.

Technohead 02-05-2013 01:55 PM

But let's face it; we always blame the spotter when we get stuck or roll.

:D

The time now is 01:25 AM.