Wheelin R.I - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Wheelin R.I

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #91
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Alright guys I want no more of this getting along! We need to get back to arguing about clubs and the lack of spots and people who don't trad lightly and all that good stuff.

We really should do a legit meet and greet thing though, maybe when the weather breaks? It would be nice to do a big run but it's highly doubtful that'll ever happen. Too many people in one spot and the cops are bound to show up.

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #92
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

we could all meet up at like hooters or even iggys (iggys is a great place we can all park at oakland beach) whatever we want. i say we get at least 10 people interested and go from there
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #93
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

Hey i am more then happy to go as soon as i get my jeep runnig again lol could use the help if anyone knows bout 4.7 ho and knows how to do head work....
j-hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #94
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Weather is looking crappy for this coming weekend. I'm doing a trail ride the following Saturday but could probably do Sunday (assuming nothing breaks on Saturday). Iggys works. Haven't been down to OB for a while. Wasn't there are bar or two right there?

Last edited by Technohead; 02-24-2010 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: typo
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #95
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

hey eric jus took a look at your build thread.. sweet jeep hope mine would do jus as mch as yours.. jus as soon as i fix it lol.. let me know if you would be able to give me a hand bro i could really use it..
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #96
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-hawkins View Post
hey eric jus took a look at your build thread.. sweet jeep hope mine would do jus as mch as yours.. jus as soon as i fix it lol.. let me know if you would be able to give me a hand bro i could really use it..
I can help with basically everything except engine & transmission crap; gave up on those once fuel injection and computer control came in to vogue.
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #97
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

crap that sucks i gota find someone that knows how to do valves and crap so mine wont sound like its gna blow up lol
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #98
adamcorey
2004 WJ 

how would the tax and topo maps help. i just took a look at some from yahoo and dont know what to look for besides large areas of land.
2004 WJ. Limited. 4.7 H.0. fully loaded 255/75-17 BF Goodrich mud Terrains. K&N intake. Flowmaster dual side exit exhaust. Clarion door speakers with 12" pioneer sub. Rear flip down DVD with surround sound. 2.5 inch Rustys coils installed with 2 inch BB in the box waiting on extended sway bar links. Addco rear sway bar. Uniden CB. Viper 2 way alarm w/ dei start. It holds 5 guys with hunting and fishing gear and tows a 24 ft. Bass Tracker all at the same time.
1995 ZJ laredo 4.0 235/75-15 BF Goodrich all-terrains. K&N FIPK. Dynomax cat back. pioneer deck w/ 12'' bazooka sub(not the tube). rear integrated fog lights for night time surf fishing. roof and front bumper mounted rod holders. replaced--stock springs and shocks, alternator, starter, crankcase sensor, fuel filter, pads and rotors, front u-joints, thermostat, radiator hoses. tranny went so i traded it for the big boy above.
adamcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #99
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcorey View Post
how would the tax and topo maps help. i just took a look at some from yahoo and dont know what to look for besides large areas of land.
Look on the topo maps for land that is very irregular, rough, and full of ledges. Its unlikely such land could be used for development, it will have limited commercial value, and hence the owners are more likely open to a pitch from us. Realistically you need 50 acres minimum to host a decent trail ride and 200+ acres is preferred. That's not to say you can't have fun on a lot less land but that gets old really quick. Go to the tax map and find out who owns the land. Write a letter asking permission to use the land or, even better, try to arrange a personal meeting. Pitch the positives to the land owner; we can help with clean-up and maintenance of the land, will make "donations" to help cover property taxes, we will remain on designated trails and not just start wantonly chewing up the land. If the owner is uncomfortable with opening the land up for a free-for-all then offer to build gates and open the land only by prior arrangement with the owner. Etc. Etc. Etc. This is how every 4x4 club in the region goes about finding land to wheel.

And if you have any luck then make sure to invite me!!!
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #100
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

i wish i would be able do do somthing like that good idea tho
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #101
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Look on any map for roads with dotted lines. Un-maintained roads. not just dirt.
They are out there you just have to look for them.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #102
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

yea i just found out i have a decent amount of land behind my house maybe as soon as i get my jeep running again i might take a trip through my yard... no roads no nothing jut woods and hills..
Unread 02-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #103
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Get a top map of your land and then mark your borders. and walk the land looking for good spots to wheel on it.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #104
j-hawkins
2001 WJ 

i did but i couldent find anything bout how far my land goes back but as far as i can see theres enough room to do alot theres lots of rocks and hills and mostly mud... so as soon as i get a new starter ile take a nice little trip and see what i can find
Unread 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #105
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-hawkins View Post
i did but i couldent find anything bout how far my land goes back but as far as i can see theres enough room to do alot theres lots of rocks and hills and mostly mud... so as soon as i get a new starter ile take a nice little trip and see what i can find
Get in touch via PM and I will come help.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.