Wheelin R.I - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Wheelin R.I

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #61
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

rich, i am just curious as to why you would name off the name of 4 trails in mass in a thread in this same section and then ***** bricks about someone asking for some in this thread (?)

I stated why I did and I never posted the locations nothing wrong with that.
I don't ***** bricks. I just try to get across to people that they should not post locations.If your were in a club you would not need to ask? You would know.

BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #62
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This thread is getting out of hand. I'm selling my rig and taking up illegal street racing, at least I know I can just do that anywhere.
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #63
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerZero View Post
This thread is getting out of hand. I'm selling my rig and taking up illegal street racing, at least I know I can just do that anywhere.
Not a bad idea. I haven't sold my rig but she's sitting in the driveway under a cover. Got back into autocrossing and vintage racing at Limerock and Watkins Glen.

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #64
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

How many people want to go on a run in RI?

Out of those people how many would like to join a club?

I could set up a run? But I'm not sure I want to show every Tom , **** and Harry where the trails are. I would like to see people join a club. I may have
charty run coming up.
Unread 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #65
97jeepsport
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would most likely deffinatly go on a run if you had one and join your club, I'm working on getting the essentials for your club, all I need Noe ISA fire extinguisher
97jeepsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #66
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A charity run as in lets make some loot for some worthy cause? Or you being so charitable to all of us and allowing us to know where your spots are? Ya know my buddy and me are supposed to work on getting a trail/mud pit going on his land, Imma see if I can have all you lovely people up there when and if it gets finished
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

A charity run. in lets raise some money to fight cancer.
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #68
CFJeeper44
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I would gladly help set that up and participate in it
Unread 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #69
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

There was a group that was on the Gutter the other day.And the whole thing is a mess now. He said the more the better. I don't think so. You dont' do
a run like that in the winter with out winches and they used chains that's wrong too. really steamed right now.
Unread 02-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #70
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

rich i whole heartedly agree with you. Past disagreements aside this is a disgrace to the offroading community
Unread 02-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #71
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Rich if you did some kind of run does that mean I need to conform to all of your clubs rules? Either way as long as it isn't to help Haiti i would be down.
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #72
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
How many people want to go on a run in RI?

Out of those people how many would like to join a club?

I could set up a run? But I'm not sure I want to show every Tom , **** and Harry where the trails are. I would like to see people join a club. I may have
charty run coming up.
I would be interested in a RI run. I'm not sure about joining a club though. I don't have anything against them, I just never seem to have the time to wheel much, nor the ambition to drive 3+ hours to get to a trail and hopefully not break my Jeep so bad that I can't make it home.

It's unfortunate that there's so little legal wheeling anymore. Even all the "go anywhere, do anythng places" that used to be all over the place are mostly gone. You all know what I'm talking about...everyone new of a local "Pit" back in the day. The housing boom took care of that a few years back, all the places I used to wheel (most likely illegaly, I admit) ten years ago are all covered wtih houses.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #73
Dakotah
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There are legal places in RI to wheel...you just have to do your homework.
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #74
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

I'm checking to see the issues with a road I use in RI. So no run untill
I get the OK.
Unread 02-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #75
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx1kxj View Post
I honestly dont see the point in trying to keep class 6's a secret from wheelers.

if land is public i see no point in trying to Hide it.
I only bring people to trails that I KNOW are responsible. I'm not gonna run my mouth on the internet to people about these hidden local gems I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerZero View Post
This back and forth about clubs is getting out of hand. Wasn't someone just lookin for a place to wheel? How about naming off some class 6 roads, or some random mud pit on the side of a road. I think that's what people were on here for.
see above reply. you don't work at alteri glass do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Smithfield pigs are some of the biggest d!ck bags around!
it is the fat headed leaders of most clubs...who for one reason or another are lacking something in their own delusional little worlds, and the only way for them to feel adequate is to try and control their membership. They know who they are and they know they suck! President, vice president, come on people...it's not the disgraceful white house!
I find lols in this statement. No matter how "equal" you try to be there are a few people that think they are higher up than the rest and tend to think thier word is more important than others, and will talk down on people who don't agree with everything they say.

oh and johnston officers are far worse in my opinion. I have a rather long story about that. Involving breaking laws that clearly werent commited, and overhearing officers bragging about it in local restaurants. They have thier own little court system and even if ya get away innocently, they get some money out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTurtle View Post

RI has NO public legal places to go.
mythbusted
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.