Wheelin R.I - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Wheelin R.I

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #31
CFJeeper44
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's discouraging to an extent when you see ton's of signs posted about fines and private property but they obviously have been posted there due to past problems with people wheeling and screwing stuff up. If everyone followed tread lightly and were responsible with their actions it seems we would have a greater oppurtunity to wheel locally instead of having to travel. I know of many spots around where I work during the summer where I have personally talked to the people in charge of the area. They told me of people going out and destroying it and trashing it with beer cans. The worst coming two summers ago when 3 acres of land were roasted cause some bozo's left their fire going when they up and left.
It's incidents like this that limit the land we can wheel on, many of us do follow the guidelines and respect the area we are on but it is the groups of individuals who screw around that screw us all over.
I support joining a club as I've recently entered the process of being accepted into one.
It may be a lot of leg work but the oppurtunities you are presented with are tremendous.
That's my opinion though.
On another note, how about that random 15 minute blizzard we got today?

Unread 01-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #32
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

lol sure was glad i drove a jeep in that i was watching cars crash on the RIC campus though my kitchen window
Unread 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #33
97jeepsport
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok i live in coventry rhode island and if anyone can tell me any good spots that woul be great
97jeepsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #34
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97jeepsport View Post
ok i live in coventry rhode island and if anyone can tell me any good spots that woul be great
Read some of the posts above. Regional clubs have gained access to excellent wheeling by working with private land owners. Some of this land is open and some is only available for club-sanctioned events. Most of the really good land is in MA and NH. If you are serious about wheeling then I suggest seeking out a local club.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #35
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Eric's right hook up with a club. and just a heads up please eveyone never post a trail location on a forum. Anyone can read this ,good wheelers and the not so good. Some kids party in these spots and we get a bad rap.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #36
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

the hillybilly degenerates already know where the trails are and they are gonna wheel them and tear them up and dump crap regardless theres no point anymore
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #37
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That's actually part of the reason we started wheelin at our spot. Figured all the burnt, rusted, bullet riddled cars were a sign to come on in. Guess I was wrong.
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I literally just quoted you when you deleted that.
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #39
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

There is always a point: Join a club and or do it right.
Unread 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #40
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

I've helped pull out about 20 of those burnt, rusted, bullet riddled cars
in last 20 years.
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #41
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I really think they tie the woods together. Ya know trees, mud, old rusty piece. Seriously though, that's cool I hate coming across old junkers rotting away.

Isn't there another club in this great state of ours? I don't recall the name but I could have sworn I was on their website at one point or another. I'm pretty sure it wasn't OSJ, I think they were all ex OSJ but I'm not sure.
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

There are a bunch of clubs from New England in the NEA. Most clubs run the same stuff so it does not matter where you live. Our club has no meetings.
and takes in people with Jeeps from all parts of New England. Min 31" tire
and a max of 33" tire this keeps it safe and = to all members.
Unread 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #43
vx1kxj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am in a club and its great. we do everything by the books and wheels public class six roads and private land that we have access to as it was stated in another thread however. wheelers may make ruts in the mud and move some rocks slightly but IN MOST CASES it is not the wheelers who bring out old couches, trash bags, old vaccum cleaners (yes i have seen a pile of old vaccum cleaners on the side of a class 6 while doing a cleanup) and junk into the woods. I honestly dont see the point in trying to keep class 6's a secret from wheelers. YES there are people who are going to go out there and ruin it im not going to argue against that. PUBLIC road are open to the PUBLIC. As wheelers i feel that we only see it from a wheelers standpoint. we need to realize that these "trails" are also utilized by hunters, blueberry pickers and fishermen. People claim to "LIVE BY TREAD LIGHTLY PRICIPALS" but they foget one of the most important principals about treading lightly: EDUCATION. rather then denying people access or writing them off by saying "oh join a club" we should embrace the fact that they are passionate about the land as we are and could possibly bring something to the table as far as cleanup and maintenance.

To some it up: Clubs are not for everyone. However if land is public i see no point in trying to Hide it. The people that want to do good will continue to do good regardless and the people who are bad will eventually FIND PUBLIC TRAIL/ROADS AND DO BAD REGARLESS
Unread 02-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #44
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

^ Agreed...
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #45
JokerZero
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This back and forth about clubs is getting out of hand. Wasn't someone just lookin for a place to wheel? How about naming off some class 6 roads, or some random mud pit on the side of a road. I think that's what people were on here for.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.