Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wheelin R.I

38K views 405 replies 37 participants last post by  NelsonATC 
#1 ·
Does anybody know a good place to wheel in RI. I live in north but will travel :wave:

#302 ·
hey guys having problems with my 98 grand cherokee it has just over 100,000 miles everything is fine shifts with no problems xcept when i hit the hwy when i hit about 60-65 i get a massive jerking while trying to accelerate seems like its coming from the transmission can neone solve my problem?

#305 ·
shawn13 said:
hey guys having problems with my 98 grand cherokee it has just over 100,000 miles everything is fine shifts with no problems xcept when i hit the hwy when i hit about 60-65 i get a massive jerking while trying to accelerate seems like its coming from the transmission can neone solve my problem?
Id lean towards a fuel issue. It's a good start. Or keep it in the 50's?

Sent from my thundercrap using JeepForum.

#306 ·
shawn13 said:
Watch your battery guage, my old wrangler would do that. It was a bad neutral or ground. Felt like ****, if i kept the rpms high it wouldnt do it. Its like the engine is grounding out if that makes any sense

#310 ·
Alright, I'm headed to Maine Memorial day weekend to do some fishing and replace my powersteering pump. I'll take some pictures of my parents property and a couple trails around their house while I'm there. I do feel like it would be showing off to the guys who have no land to ride on but it's still nice up there and worth the look.

#311 ·
Hey guys, just bought a new jeep! 08 unlimited rubicon, shipped from Texas from FatBuoy. Having some RI inspection woes, wanted to get your opinions.

Chrysler (Paul Baileys) doesnt want to inspect it due to the stubby front rugged ridge XHD bumper and missing license plate( both of which I can fix, Velcro and I have the extensions for the bumper). The big thing is the fender flares on it leave about 2 inches of the 37x13.5" tires uncovered which I really don't have a fix for. Btw, tera flex 4" lift too, but that's at least legal!

So I know they just got their state inspection license back after being revoked. State law says you must have sufficient coverage to prevent debris from hitting other vehicles. I think covering over 75% of the tires is sufficient lol

What are your experiences with getting inspections on non stock jeeps? Should i go somewhere else that is more lenient? Am I gonna have to find some sort of stock wheels and spacers to drive it in for inspection?

Any local help or advice would be great. I've been in ri 5 years, but still don't know much about these kinda things when it comes to inspections and what flies, what doesn't.

Attachments

#316 ·
Well looks like clubs are out for me. Only 4" lift, but I guess the 37's are gonna block me. That's a shame.

So back to topic, does anyone have fender flares that don't cover approx 1-2 inches of the outside of the tire? If so, what's your experience with inspections? The police already told me its enough coverage, but apparently Chrysler doesn't think so due to their recent issue with having their inspection license revoked for an unknown reason. Are they legit, or paranoid?

#319 ·
Thanks Technohead. I really think my dealership is just being anal because of whatever aided them to lose their inspection license. Aside from that, they are being very helpful as far as recalls, even have a new gas tank on order for me.

I'll probably just go up to Cranston or somewhere, and won't have a problem after talking to some more people last night. Then back to Chrysler for some warranty work.

BTW, would you guys trust a dealership to do a proper alignment on a teraflex 4" LA lift, or find a local tire shop? This thing rides amazingly smooth, just a slight pull to the right.

Hope to meeting some of you guys this summer! I'm gonna check into some clubs and see if my jeep meets anyone's requirements as soon as the inspection is all set.

And Nate, if your out there, let's have another get together this year and go for a ride now that I have a jeep that's not falling apart, and your dog isn't lost under the deck!

#320 ·
. . . BTW, would you guys trust a dealership to do a proper alignment on a teraflex 4" LA lift, or find a local tire shop?
In a word: NO.

I'm not familiar with the Teraflex kit for JK's but assume they have adjustable control arms? If you can find a shop that will do the job I would expect them to charge an arm and a leg because its a PITA to adjust the control arm lengths. You can do the job yourself with an angle finder and some masons line. I would not be surprised if the pull is because the lower control arms are not quite the same length.

#321 ·
yeap... im here. and no shes not under the deck, she has now resorted to jumping the 4 foot fence. nice ride my wife said. and sorry, i wish i could help with the inspection. i only have stickers for the heavy trucks. let me know when you want to meet up... maybe a night meet and greet at a bar? ill be around.
nate

#322 ·
me and my buddies are from bristol, RI and we are planning to go to ma bell this summer, and possibly a weekend trip or two to rausch creek if anyone wants to join. we are all college students (not that it matters) but we are mature on the trails, and in general for the most part.

~Brad

ps. do you guys know of any local shops that want to mount and balance some 42s on beadlock rims? :D

#324 ·
ive heard little about mabell, but i would be willing to head up there. keep us all upto date on when your heading out.

#325 ·
Ditto that. I might also be up for a Rausch Creek weekend trip this summer too.

Nate, I'll hit you up as soon as this hog is inspected and we can plan another meet n greet up your way.

Looking like worst case scenario I can steal the rims off my neighbors dodge ram, looks like the same bolt pattern! Dunno if there's enough backspacing tho

#326 ·
Is mabell near October mountain, savoy mass?

Sent from my thundercrap via droid app.

#327 ·
Is it top secret? I'll close my eyes when I drive there.

Sent from my thundercrap via droid app.

#331 ·
No I just don't want everyone to go there. This protects the trails.
All the clubs know where it is. They have rules like no drinking etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.