trails in RI? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > trails in RI?

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
JHB625
1998 XJ Cherokee 

trails in RI?

i live in RI near providence in warren/bristol. anyone know about any places near by? doesnt have to be just in RI some parts of Mass are okay too.

JHB625 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

The short answer is there is no public land in RI where 4wd is actually required that is also legal. There are several private parcels of land that area clubs have access to by working with the land owners. The same is true in MA. In NH and VT there are many miles of "class VI" roads that are open to vehicles and offer a reasonable amount of challenge.
Technohead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
JHB625
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. Clubs easy to join?
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB625 View Post
Thanks. Clubs easy to join?
Only after extensive hazing period.

Yes. There are many clubs in the area. Take a look around, attend some events, and pick one that you feel the most comfortable with.
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
rcking323
2004 WJ 

there are actually a few roads here and there that definitely require 4wd. you just have to know how to look for them. look at old maps and dirt roads and see where they end up. theres a couple that were completely washed out by the floods and are now "pass at your own risk" areas. they are quite fun
rcking323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Dakotah
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking323 View Post
there are actually a few roads here and there that definitely require 4wd. you just have to know how to look for them. look at old maps and dirt roads and see where they end up. theres a couple that were completely washed out by the floods and are now "pass at your own risk" areas. they are quite fun

Yes yes
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
JHB625
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ok like where?
Unread 08-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
rcking323
2004 WJ 

i dont like to say on the forums so they dont get overused and shut down
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I live within walking distance from several of them and they can all be done in 2WD. I've done it. Not very interesting.
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
rcking323
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
I live within walking distance from several of them and they can all be done in 2WD. I've done it. Not very interesting.
not necessarily the same trials. lol. Im pretty confident that you would not be able to do these in 2wd
Unread 08-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

You might be surpised what can be done with a locker and a little momentum. Shoot me a PM and lets get together for a ride.
Unread 08-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #12
rcking323
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
You might be surpised what can be done with a locker and a little momentum. Shoot me a PM and lets get together for a ride.
fair enough. I didnt think of momentum. i like to take trails real slow. ill send ya that pm when my laptop battery isnt about to die lol.
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
bmxandyri

hey anyone wanna go wheeling this weekend just got my first jeep yesterday its 96 two door cherokee with ax15 5 speed trans all stock though but i know some really really good trails most of it four wheel is required we went the other night for the first time and never saw the same trails twice and we were in there for 4 hours
bmxandyri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxandyri View Post
hey anyone wanna go wheeling this weekend just got my first jeep yesterday its 96 two door cherokee with ax15 5 speed trans all stock though but i know some really really good trails most of it four wheel is required we went the other night for the first time and never saw the same trails twice and we were in there for 4 hours
If it was in RI or CT then you were wheeling illegally unless it was private property and you have written permission from the landowner. Best not to talk about such things on the Internet.
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
bmxandyri

were i goes is illegal but we have had the dem pull up on us and just tell us not to run over trees and what not and the nieghbors are all cool about it im also not giving away where the location is obviously i know i dont want our spot shut down but it runs from ri to conn is all iv got to say if ur down PM me im trying to get a crew together and go up there tonight
bmxandyri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.