tire repair? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > tire repair?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
BSaint
2005 TJ Wrangler 

tire repair?

I'm looking to get a 42'' tire repaired. It has a 1.5-2 inch cut inbetween the treads, i'm wondering if it can be patched from the inside or if I need to replace the tire. I think it might be from running over a piece of glass
While checking the psi on my tires I also noticed one of my tires had a cut about 6-8'' long that follows the arch of the bead, about an inch above the bead. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this so it doesn't get worse? It doesn't leak air at all and it rides normal, but I fear that it might be weak and could give out on the highway or something. I stuck a key in it to see how deep the gash was, and it seemed to be maybe 3-4 millimeters deep, but i'm not sure how think the sidewalls are on pitbull rockers, so i don't know if thats something to be worried about or not. Any input, or anybody know any shops in the ri / mass area that does tire repair?

BSaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.