RI Inspection woes w/ non stock unlimited rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > RI Inspection woes w/ non stock unlimited rubicon

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
trowho
2008 JK Wrangler 

RI Inspection woes w/ non stock unlimited rubicon

Posted earlier, but figured I'd start my own thread as someone else might run into my same issue down the road :-)

Hey guys, just bought a new jeep! 08 unlimited rubicon, shipped from Texas from FatBuoy. Having some RI inspection woes, wanted to get your opinions.

Chrysler (Paul Baileys) doesnt want to inspect it due to the stubby front rugged ridge XHD bumper and missing license plate( both of which I can fix, Velcro and I have the extensions for the bumper). The big thing is the fender flares on it leave about 2 inches of the 37x13.5" tires uncovered which I really don't have a fix for. Btw, tera flex 4" lift too, but that's at least legal!

So I know they just got their state inspection license back after being revoked. State law says you must have sufficient coverage to prevent debris from hitting other vehicles. I think covering over 75% of the tires is sufficient lol

What are your experiences with getting inspections on non stock jeeps? Should i go somewhere else that is more lenient? Am I gonna have to find some sort of stock wheels and spacers to drive it in for inspection?

Any local help or advice would be great. I've been in ri 5 years, but still don't know much about these kinda things when it comes to inspections and what flies, what doesn't.

image-3267654444.jpg   image-1370512437.jpg  
trowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
05zx10r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

go to a local mechanic and try and make friends....stay away from dealerships.
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
trowho
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. Plus some custom fender flare extensions. But they overlooked the height issue! Ready to rock now!
trowho is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.