Ocean State Jeepsters - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Ocean State Jeepsters

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #46
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Bob,

I'm not sure SSW requires every vehicle to be registered and insured. If you got that information from their web site it must be stale. The President of SSW is also a member of OSJ and I know him well (name is John). In fact, he trailered his rig to OSJ's May trail ride and it did not have any plates.

I myself am also a member of New England Jeepz. The way they work is that you will get an e-mail invitation to their next trail ride. I believe their next trail ride is actually next weekend in NH and the e-mail to applicants was sent out a couple weeks ago. If you did not get the e-mail then perhaps you submitted your app after the invitation went out. Post up on the forum and you should be all set.

Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #47
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Bob,

I'm not sure SSW requires every vehicle to be registered and insured. If you got that information from their web site it must be stale. The President of SSW is also a member of OSJ and I know him well (name is John). In fact, he trailered his rig to OSJ's May trail ride and it did not have any plates.

I myself am also a member of New England Jeepz. The way they work is that you will get an e-mail invitation to their next trail ride. I believe their next trail ride is actually next weekend in NH and the e-mail to applicants was sent out a couple weeks ago. If you did not get the e-mail then perhaps you submitted your app after the invitation went out. Post up on the forum and you should be all set.
when i sent in an application in april, i never got any e-mail, and have not since then. i posted up on the NEJ forum about joining today, but no responses yet.
I do appreciate the help so thank you
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Our first camp-n-wheel of the 2012 season is now history and a great time was has by all. A brief thunderstorm blew by Friday night and then another one came through as we were nearing the end of the trail on Saturday. Overall we can't really complain about the weather except that Saturday's storm claimed the club canopy as a casualty.

The festivities Friday night raged on until 3:30 am with myself, Mike, and Nick sharing honors for last men standing. Saturday was another epic night around the campfire.

Trail conditions were excellent and carnage was limited to a bent pitman arm, snapped axle shaft, and broken track bar bracket. Everyone made it off the trail no problem with ratchet straps again taking home the MVP award.

Our next camp-n-wheel is the weekend of August 3-5. Stay tuned.

Unread 07-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #49
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Our annual 4th of July party (held on July 3rd this year) has become an Ocean State Jeepsters tradition and this year's party was the best one yet. We had a huge turnout to celebrate the club's 5th anniversary with great food, drink, a private fireworks show, and of course the CANNON!

Here's a few pictures and a video:

Unread 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #50
jjeep123

jjeep123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #51
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I will be all over this.
sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #52
PathWJ99
1999 WJ 

So glad I found the RI Jeep forum!!
PathWJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
MiZZ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I see you guys all the time at the Oakland Beach cruise night. Most of the time your jeeps are posted up on a rock or two looking great. I never stopped and talked to any of yas because you're usually busy talking with each other and I didn't want to butt in.

Question for you RI guys, I always wanted a Wrangler but can't justify the 4+ grand to kick on one which will be in my garage most of the time getting mods. I am looking at a early 90s YJ and as expected it has some frame rot and cracks, The owner seems reasonable and understands the work needed so I believe I can get it for at or under a thousand dollars considering the frame damage. The Jeep/tub itself looks good from the pictures and according to owner it runs great and is inspected. I was going to see it in person tomorrow but don't really know how to tel if the frame is too far gone. And if it isn't, what kind of ballpark welding prices am I looking at here? If any of you guys weld, I would trust you more than a random shop.

I'd love to join your club! I have a pretty much stock 99 Grand Cherokee WJ but my girlfriend drives that most of the time now while I drive my GMC so this is my excuse to get myself a Wrangler! Help me out! haha... I will try to upload some pics the owner sent me.

Thanks,
Mike from Cranston

Ocean State Jeepsters
MiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #54
MiZZ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here's some frame pics.... They're pretty big sorry I couldn't figure out how to resize them.

Hopefully this is reasonably fixable because I'd like to save this Jeep from becoming a parts donor.

Ocean State Jeepsters
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #55
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I'm not a Wrangler expert but that looks pretty bad to me. We have lots of guys who have repaired frame rust. We have also replaced complete frames. Several companies make stamped replacement sections for Wrangler frames.

Don't hesitate to stop by and chat if you see some of us at Oakland Beach. We don't bite. Normally. For that matter, register for our forum and introduce yourself. You can get to the forum from the link below.
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #56
MiZZ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your reply! I actually think I saw your ZJ at Oakland Beach yesterday? Looked nice.

I found a frame rail repair kit on ebay which are actually sold by a local shop. Just for the rear frame pieces and labor he quoted me $1,000. Sounds a little high to me just for the rear rails. I would really like someones input or if someone with welding experience would like to come look at the Jeep with me (it's in south kingston ri) I'd be glad to componsate you. I just don't want to spend money on it and end up having to part it out.

Thanks a lot guys. I seen an extra rock near you guys at Oakland Beach that looked like it was lonely, maybe with a little luck/welding I can put a Wrangler on there before the cruise nights end. haha.

Mike

Ocean State Jeepsters
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #57
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Register for our forum and start a thread in the Tech section. We have several members who have either done the frame repairs or will be doing them soon. We should also have a crew at Oakland Beach next Tuesday so feel free to stop by and chat.
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #58
MiZZ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks again. I'm going to join the forum right now!

About the Wrangler in question... I think I'm going to dig into the savings and buy one without such major rot. Anyone selling one for under 4grand? PM me I prefer automatic (yea yea I know!).

Mike

Ocean State Jeepsters
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #59
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Better late than never but here's some pictures from our August camp-n-wheel held the weekend of Aug 4-5.

Unread 10-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #60
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I'm way overdue for an update. Its been an event-packed season for us with plenty more to go.

In mid-August we hosted a meet-n-greet in conjunction with Clare Jeep of Newport. Thanks to Kevin Clare for the food, swag, and Chevy's!

In early August a big group of us attended the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs annual Fall Crawl:

And just last weekend we hosted our first Annual pig roast where we raised $2,500 for our land acquisition fund:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.