Ocean State Jeepsters - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Ocean State Jeepsters

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 02-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #31
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
It was on the MA/RI border. Awesome event which will surely be one of 2012's highlights. Register for the forum and submit an application then you will be able to see all the event details.
that was a really great fun event, i had fun, some body damage but i think i did pretty good. plus now i have a ton more ideas of things i need to build and fix before i go out again.
thanks for helping set everything up. i saw your zj there in the morning when everyone was meeting up, did you end up wheeling at all?

IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Glad you could make it out for the event. My daughter was driving my rig last weekend. As the trail leader I ended up hiking the whole day spotting and pushing stuck rigs. With all the back-and-forth along a 25-rig line my boots covered just over 6 miles.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #33
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Glad you could make it out for the event. My daughter was driving my rig last weekend. As the trail leader I ended up hiking the whole day spotting and pushing stuck rigs. With all the back-and-forth along a 25-rig line my boots covered just over 6 miles.
Thats pretty cool that your daughter is involved in wheeling. how long of a trail was that for group 1? it seemed like it lasted forever
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:25 AM   #34
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I forget which groups were which. Were you with my group? We covered a little over 4 miles total. Yea, it was a long day. The time increases quickly with the number of rigs. When just a few of us with lockers run the loop we can do it in less than an hour.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I forget which groups were which. Were you with my group? We covered a little over 4 miles total. Yea, it was a long day. The time increases quickly with the number of rigs. When just a few of us with lockers run the loop we can do it in less than an hour.
an hour!? im pretty sure we were out there for close to 6 or 7. i'm pretty sure i was, you were that crazy fellow runnin around in shorts all day right?
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Yes, that was me. Yup, an hour. Maybe a little less.
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Yes, that was me. Yup, an hour. Maybe a little less.
i guess it helps if you dont get stuck on the very first obstacle on the trail like i did
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 03-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #38
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Here's a few pictures from our March trail ride. This was the easiest property we run all year and provided a good opportunity to fine tune all the fixing and upgrading that happened during the winter months.

2012 is shaping up to be a great year. We have camp-n-wheels in June & August, a trip to Rausch Creek in July, Fall Crawl in September, and will be wheeling some new private properties for the first time.

In addition OSJ will be holding our 1st annual clam boil in June and hosting Go Topless Day in cooperation with All Things Jeep and WC Motorsports.

Unread 04-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #39
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Here's a few pics from our April trail ride. We had one guy step down off a ledge at bad angle and roll. Got him up and running again after pulling the plugs and blowing out the engine oil.

Unread 04-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #40
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

And here's a few pics from our quarterly business meeting and cookout at Warwick City Park.

Unread 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #41
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Ocean State Jeepsters hosted the flagship Go Topless Day event in Foxboro, MA last weekend. We had almost 400 Jeeps in attendance and the club membership stepped up with a first class effort.

I enjoyed the event. Some interesting action in the rock garden. The bounce house, face painting, and ballon animals were all a big hit with the kids. And the weather was perfect.

Of course the event would not have been possible without All Things Jeep and WC Motorsports so we thank them for their huge support. Thanks also go out to Crown, Superwinch, Mitchell Differential, and Clayton Offroad for contributing to the raffle and Baystate Jeepers for bringing down their RTI ramp.

Last, but not least, thanks to everyone who came out to support the future of four wheeling!!

The 2012 Go Topless Day Team

Unread 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

The seaon is now in full swing. Here are some pictures from our May trail ride on some private property on the MA/RI border:

And some more pictures of our 1st annual clam boil. The clam boil added another $1,500 to our land acquisition fund!

Unread 06-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #43
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

that white chevy is an absolute monster! is it a requirement to be from rhode island to be a member of ocean state jeepsters?
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9
Unread 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #44
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Bob,

The only requirements for membership are that you own a Jeep, are at least 18 years old, and are serious about advancing the sport of four wheeling. We currently have members from RI, MA, CT, and NY.

If you are interested in becoming a member then I suggest visiting our web site, reading the by-laws, and checking in on our forum.

It does appear that you are located a bit outside our core membership territory but that is OK. Especially since most of our wheeling trips are in Western MA or Southern NH. If you are looking to hook up with wheelers who are more local to you then you might also check out New England Jeepz, Baystate Jeepers, South Shore Wheelers, or Cape Cod Jeep Club. We all know each other. Its like one big family.
Unread 06-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Bob,

The only requirements for membership are that you own a Jeep, are at least 18 years old, and are serious about advancing the sport of four wheeling. We currently have members from RI, MA, CT, and NY.

If you are interested in becoming a member then I suggest visiting our web site, reading the by-laws, and checking in on our forum.

It does appear that you are located a bit outside our core membership territory but that is OK. Especially since most of our wheeling trips are in Western MA or Southern NH. If you are looking to hook up with wheelers who are more local to you then you might also check out New England Jeepz, Baystate Jeepers, South Shore Wheelers, or Cape Cod Jeep Club. We all know each other. Its like one big family.
thanks for the info, i did know about new england jeepz and south shore wheelers. ssw would be perfect for me if they didnt require every vehicle to be registered and insured. once i get my niner squared away im taking the 94 off the road (no sense in having to pay for both vehicles if im only driving 1).
I think something happened to my application for new england jeepz because i never got notice of it going through or any notice of any meetings or trail runs so im not sure it went through
IRO 4.5" Lift

98 5.9

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.