No Doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > No Doors

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
SeanR1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No Doors

I did a few Google searches and can't seem to find what the law is in RI for driving with out doors, so I figured I'd ask the pros.. Do we need doors in RI? I don't see to many people driving door less..
THanks in advance!
Sean

SeanR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My jeep isnt registered in RI but i have driven my Jeep to the beaches multiple times with no doors and havent had an issue with cops at all. Dont know if that helps
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
rihemi
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I live in RI and have driven many summers with no doors and never had an issue. I would not worry about it at all.
rihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
SeanR1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you! Just what I wanted to hear!!
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
NelsonATC
1980 CJ7 

So long as you have at least 2 mirrors, you should be OK (any combo of windhiled rear view, dassenger and driver side rear view) Never an issue here in 15+ years
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Dakotah
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's perfectly legal, as NelsonATC stated...as long as you have a driver's mirror and rear view you're all set. There are many choices out there.
I do however see Wranglers all over the place without doors and no mirrors...not sure how often they get pulled over.

You can even legally drive on the road with your windshield folded down, so long as you have goggles on...like on a motorcycle.
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
SeanR1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice! Thanks again guys.. Now, I just need to pick up some cheap mirrors.. Suns out, tops off, and ready for the doors!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.