Need shop or someone to repair trailing arm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > Need shop or someone to repair trailing arm

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 09-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
rihemi
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Need shop or someone to repair trailing arm

Guys... just went to get the Jeep inspected and found out the drivers side, rear trailing arm on my TJ is rusted out on 3 sides really bad!!!

I found a company in Cranston, RI who makes an aftermarket trailing arm for the TJ, but need someone to cut out the rusted one and install the new.

Does anyone know a shop I could call? Any ideas what it may cost to do the repair? Below is the link to the trailing arm I can purchase.

http://autorust.com/store/index.php?...893ab5e657554f

rihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Shop? I can do that for you and talk Jeep too. LOL
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
rihemi
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Rich I just sent you a PM.

Thanks
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
rihemi
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rich, tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I took the Jeep down to the shop that sells the piece if the frame I need. The entire bracket on the frame that holds the upper control arm on was broken right off, so the upper control arm was just hanging there. The shop is going to do the work as I did not feel comfortable cutting that large section of the frame off.

I have a 3" zone lift that I need to install once I get the Jeep back, was planning to do it myself in the driveway. Any chance you would be willing to give me a hand? I can turn a wrench pretty good but know a second set of hands would be pretty handy.
Unread 09-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Sure, contact me at PatriotJeepers@aol.com
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.