1st Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival - Sat August 17, 2013 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Rhode Island Jeep Forum > 1st Annual Ocean State Jeep Festival - Sat August 17, 2013

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Reply
Unread 08-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #61
rubiRI77
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scituate, RI
Posts: 8
Tj

We will be there! Great job organizing this guys!
Hi everybody. I have not really been on this forum too much, so let me introduce myself (Brian) and my wife Sara. We previously had an 07 jk rubicon that was fairly built up with 33's, skids galore, winch, etc. etc. etc. We took it to the Maine jeep jamboree every year since it was new and each year it was a little more built. -Anyway I needed a truck for work and for things I do at home, so I had to trade it in.
Fast forward six months (we couldn't be Jeep-less any longer than that ) - we recently acquired a 1999 tj sport for a very fair price. It is bone stock for now. I had to put quite a bit into it (OK, WAY more than I thought) just to get it back to road worthy, so that was phase one. It is not the greatest to look at now, but that will be changing. Anyway - we will see you there! Look for the black tj with the worn out soft top with custom black (matching = fancy) duct tape.

rubiRI77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #62
Greentj05
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Attleboro, MA
Posts: 155
At least the duct tape adds character
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #63
KBean
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 1
Hi all, I want to thank all of those involved in the 1st Annual Ocean State Jeep rally a hardy kudos on a job well done. We had a blast. It was our first time going to an event like this and we felt welcomed. We did trail 1 and came out with a few battle scars, but it was so worth it. thank you to those who guided us through the trails and to those who offered us handy tips and advice on making our jeep whole again. I can say, trail riding can be highly addictive. I kind of felt like a kid at an amusement park, wanted to cut the line and go back again. But for now, I'll take my rear fender flare and go home. It was a fun day and can't wait to see you all again!
Thank you.

now I'm off to scavenge for parts...
KBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #64
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBean
Hi all, I want to thank all of those involved in the 1st Annual Ocean State Jeep rally a hardy kudos on a job well done. We had a blast. It was our first time going to an event like this and we felt welcomed. We did trail 1 and came out with a few battle scars, but it was so worth it. thank you to those who guided us through the trails and to those who offered us handy tips and advice on making our jeep whole again. I can say, trail riding can be highly addictive. I kind of felt like a kid at an amusement park, wanted to cut the line and go back again. But for now, I'll take my rear fender flare and go home. It was a fun day and can't wait to see you all again!
Thank you.

now I'm off to scavenge for parts...
Dam I wish I knew about this...I deff would have went.
__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #65
Dobiegirl
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: riverside, ri
Posts: 9
great day .... thanks so much I also did trail 1 and held my breath as it was my first time.... however no damage............. however I had to chuckle as the guide said to me " no worries... keep going your only hitting the skid pan" LOL sure right no worries.... next year I should have my lift so it wont be as bad LOL
Dobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #66
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 361
I missed it today in spite of getting the day off. My fiancée was ill so we didn't get to go. I hope this is a regular thing.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
Greentj05
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Attleboro, MA
Posts: 155
Awesome turnout, and thanks to all that helped and to all that showed up. Was a lot of fun, and a good idea for the next one!
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #68
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 361
Hopefully someone took and will post pictures of the event.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #69
OlYellerTJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East of the River, CT
Posts: 87
If this works, here's a few pix from the Jeepster's first Festival this past weekend. SWMBO and I had a good time. We ran trail 2 and as we were lined up, one of the rigs (orange cage) flopped on it's side on an obstacle on trl 2 on the way out. It was too deep in the woods for our little camera but I saw it coming, and go over. The bypasses were very well done for stock rigs. Mine is handicapped by diminished approach and departure angles (plow rig up front and tow frame behind), and I only bumped twice: driver's lower control arm mount and tow frame. I appreciated the spotter they ran out for a couple of spots where my sight lines were difficult. They really put a lot of work and thought into it. Kudos to the Ocean State Jeepsters and the dealer for a job very well done! I hope they do it again next year.
__________________
Ol' Yeller TJ
This message is composed of recycled electrons. None of the electrons was harmed or injured in the creation of this message but they have been shamelessly exploited for this use.
OlYellerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #70
OlYellerTJ
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East of the River, CT
Posts: 87
Meh, file size is too big. Sorry, no pix. :-/
__________________
Ol' Yeller TJ
This message is composed of recycled electrons. None of the electrons was harmed or injured in the creation of this message but they have been shamelessly exploited for this use.
OlYellerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #71
NelsonATC
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 423
Someone flopped? I was on trails all day and don't recall anyone flopping.

Nevertheless, glad everyone had a good time!
__________________
Mike
1980 CJ7
NelsonATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #72
Dobiegirl
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: riverside, ri
Posts: 9
check out the FB page.... there are tons of pics there
Dobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #73
Technohead
Old School
 
Technohead's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter, RI
Posts: 6,524
The 2013 Ocean State Jeep Festival is now history and a great time was had by all who attended!!

The weather God's were shining and in the end we counted some 250 vehicles through the gate and close to 500 people.

Trail rides were one of the event highlights and feedback from the many participants who experienced the trails has been overwhelmingly positive. This event attracted many people who were new to the sport and the off-roading 101 seminars at 11:00 and 1:00 were well attended.

Another event highlight was a very strong turnout of classic Willy's Jeeps, a couple of which demonstrated they still have what it takes to tame the trails.

A video production crew from Kettlebottom was there in force documenting the festivities for upcoming episodes of Brand X and Kettlebottom Outdoor Pursuits which are Southern New England extreme sports and outdoor shows appearing on Cox Sports and Fox in the Providence market. A photographer and reporter from the Providence Journal were also in attendance.

Vendors at the event included Proline Tactical, Narragansett Bikes, Dan's Place (great food!), Monster Energy Drinks, 94 WHJY, 93 Pro, RI National Guard with their rock climbing wall, the RI classic Del's Lemonade, and our friends from Great American Jeep Rally and Crawling for a Cure.

Paul Bailey's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and the membership of Ocean State Jeepsters would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who came out to make this inaugural event such a smashing success.

We look forward to seeing everyone again at the 2nd annual Ocean State Jeep Festival in 2014 . . . if not sooner!!






























Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #74
Technohead
Old School
 
Technohead's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter, RI
Posts: 6,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYellerTJ View Post
. . . We ran trail 2 and as we were lined up, one of the rigs (orange cage) flopped on it's side on an obstacle on trl 2 on the way out. . .
That was a staged event. The driver of the buggy is a club member who was using one of the optional extreme obstacles to demonstrate the limit angle. Both occupants were wearing full harness restraint systems, the vehicle was very quickly righted, and they drove off to enjoy more fun on the trails.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #75
dougiee
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , RI
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead
The 2013 Ocean State Jeep Festival is now history and a great time was had by all who attended!!

The weather God's were shining and in the end we counted some 250 vehicles through the gate and close to 500 people.

Trail rides were one of the event highlights and feedback from the many participants who experienced the trails has been overwhelmingly positive. This event attracted many people who were new to the sport and the off-roading 101 seminars at 11:00 and 1:00 were well attended.

Another event highlight was a very strong turnout of classic Willy's Jeeps, a couple of which demonstrated they still have what it takes to tame the trails.

A video production crew from Kettlebottom was there in force documenting the festivities for upcoming episodes of Brand X and Kettlebottom Outdoor Pursuits which are Southern New England extreme sports and outdoor shows appearing on Cox Sports and Fox in the Providence market. A photographer and reporter from the Providence Journal were also in attendance.

Vendors at the event included Proline Tactical, Narragansett Bikes, Dan's Place (great food!), Monster Energy Drinks, 94 WHJY, 93 Pro, RI National Guard with their rock climbing wall, the RI classic Del's Lemonade, and our friends from Great American Jeep Rally and Crawling for a Cure.

Paul Bailey's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and the membership of Ocean State Jeepsters would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who came out to make this inaugural event such a smashing success.

We look forward to seeing everyone again at the 2nd annual Ocean State Jeep Festival in 2014 . . . if not sooner!!
Please tell me this will happen again next year cuz I will deff go.
__________________
It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand :)
dougiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.