Western MA 4x4? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Western MA 4x4?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #46
ToxicTurtle

If its where I think you're speaking of, NO. Private land and the current landowner has said NO WHEELING. Plus, a good deal of the land is Regional Water Authority property, also completely off limits.
Clubs had permission but we weren't able to keep the general public off the property and the landowner said, sorry, no more.

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #47
NICU
2011 WK 

ok thanks.....
NICU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #48
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

it was legal up until 2 years ago, when the land owner got fed up with people cutting their own trails.

ive heard the EP and state police have been very active up there lately...
billyjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #49
TAftw
1994 ZJ 

I always remember people going up there on quads and dirtbikes. It used to be the RC flying field and I was a prt of that, but the field was shut down by the owner.

I live over near the hilltowns. I've found some places to go in Blandford and Montgomery and I think there are also a few in Russell as well.
TAftw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #50
NICU
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
it was legal up until 2 years ago, when the land owner got fed up with people cutting their own trails.

ive heard the EP and state police have been very active up there lately...
what new trails? been going ther for like 17 years and have not seen any new trails. sucks that place was a good place to go to get out in the woods.did not know it was illegal now. im sure that people will still wheel it. but not me any more.i think its all the cars and trucks that have been driven off the cliff up there.they are not going to stop the locals from going back there since you can get out there from westspringfield side and westfield has ways to get in. but im one of the locals since its only 10 min. away.but i will still not go there anymore.
NICU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #51
89YJCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I live in feeding Hills i know of abunch of trial and its true u do find out about alot more trails if u belong to a club i dont right now but acouple of my buddys do so i tag along with them im going to join before the summer. Just got to be carefull witch club u join some of the guys are tools that i have meet. still not sure witch one im going to join.Ya holyoke Mt is closed they just put some rocks infront of the trail going up the hill i wheeled it like 4 months ago before i new that it was closed and was siting up top when a state police copter flewaround us but never heard anything from it. There is still no no trespasing signs though. The trails up there have gotten realy good its too bad people messed it up.

Last edited by 89YJCrawler; 04-29-2010 at 09:45 PM..
89YJCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #52
89YJCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

O Ya i was wondering if any one new witch clubs would allow trailer quieens i looked at western mass 4x4 but u have to be reg and insured to join and ya thats not going to happen with mine. And kinda wanna join a club around me, pluse dont realy want to be limited to just jeeps if possiable. Thanks
Unread 04-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #53
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Although Western Mass 4X4 is mostly jeeps we are certainly not limited to. we do allow any 4X4 that meet the requirments in the bylaws
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #54
vwmaniacx
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89YJCrawler View Post
O Ya i was wondering if any one new witch clubs would allow trailer quieens i looked at western mass 4x4 but u have to be reg and insured to join and ya thats not going to happen with mine. And kinda wanna join a club around me, pluse dont realy want to be limited to just jeeps if possiable. Thanks
Quote:
Vehicles built in serious deviation to these norms will be approved for event/run participation at the discretion of the Board and/or membership.
we accept all kinds.

Western Mass 4x4
vwmaniacx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #55
89YJCrawler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thank yo ill look into you guys if i join it want be till after may and i have a buddy thats going to join with me Thank you
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #56
jcutttt

I live in Westfield and just got a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. I want to go on some trails but I have no clue where to go. Does anyone know any good trails I could go on? Please keep in mind everything is still stock
jcutttt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #57
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Well you should never go out alone. try www.nova4x4.org maybe you can tag along with a club.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #58
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutttt View Post
I live in Westfield and just got a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. I want to go on some trails but I have no clue where to go. Does anyone know any good trails I could go on? Please keep in mind everything is still stock
There are plenty of unimproved dirt roads in the chester/russell/huntington/otis area that could keep you busy for weeks. most are plenty wide buy still have a few challenging spots for a stock vehicle. Go out and pick up one of those map books from a gas station and go exploring. Stick to the main roads and keep off any off-shoots or quad trails.
billyjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #59
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

let me say it again . you should never go out alone. try www.nova4x4.org maybe you can tag along with a club.
51 M100 1/4 ton Jeep trailer
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #60
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hello everyone! I just got an unlimited Rubicon about a week ago and live in Easthampton, MA. I still have to get a winch and a few other things, but within a month I am hoping to be able to join a club and start heading out and really see what my jeep can do.
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.