Western MA 4x4? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Western MA 4x4?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #16
Jetscuh
O rly?

Yeahh the TJ and the XJ need some new trails.

We seemed to rotate the same 4 this year.

But yeah I had no idea there were people this local to me.

Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Mr_McNasty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. I'll add you to the buddy list and let you know when we're meeting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
i burnout on puppies and kittens
Mr_McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #18
shoot2thrill
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got another here too....XJ owner in search of some different trails....i live in Ludlow and there are a few out here, the main trail here decent and is privately owned land but the guys pretty cool about it and lets you go as long as your not stupid about it or anything.......but then again it goes into some state land where some EP's hang out sometimes....

All us from Western Mass should all get together sometime.....
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #19
JeepinMass

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill View Post
All us from Western Mass should all get together sometime.....
I know a handful of jeeps and a few club members. We go out now and again. Not as much as i'd like to. WMass guys shoot me a PM and we'll all meet up sometime for dinner and maybe hit some trails or something.
Unread 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #20
That Guy

hey guys another local here i know of a few places. i will be joining this club soon. www.undergroundjeeps.net
94 XJ 4.5" D30 aussie/8.25 welded 4:10's 33's

94 ZJ 5.2 3" 31's

[url]www.undergroundjeeps.net[/url]
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #21
Mr_McNasty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

http://groups.jeepforum.com/Western_Mass_4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
i burnout on puppies and kittens
Mr_McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #22
ToxicTurtle

So, you guys want to go wheeling?
Click on this link: EC4WDA 2008 Schedule

What you have just seen is roughly 120 events. They are held throughout New England, but generally centered from about Albany to central/eastern CT. None are far upstate NH or VT or down in NJ.

If you guys were to join up with Underground Jeeps or any of the other 13 clubs in the Northeast Region of EC4WDA, you would have access to all of those events. You could be out wheeling every single weekend of the year.. and then some if you so choose.
There are a ton of other bennies too that I won't list here unless asked to.
Average dues for one of our clubs is less than $50 a year.
Your best bet is to join a club. Many of the places where people go where they "haven't had any trouble at yet or so far" are quite probably private land or closed (illegal to drive) roads. Getting caught will be at least twice the cost of club dues. AND.. you'll know that where you're going IS legit.
Lots of great people, great friends, Jeepers, and people who just simply enjoy being outside wheeling, whether in a Toyota, Ford,or what have you.

Check out the clubs in the area by going to EC4WDA Northeast Region Clubs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #23
DTrem08
1996 ZJ 

Wait, so if I join 'club A', I can go wheeling either with them or any other club?? Say I'm in 'club A' and can't amke it to their run one weekend, but I can make it to 'club B'. I'd be able to go to B's run even though Im in A?
**KOR Radiator Support, IRO 3.5" lift, 31/10.5/15" Maxxis Bighorns on 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's, JKS Bar Pin Eliminators, KOR Light Bar, 4 Black KC HiLites, Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown/no tailpipe, OME Steering Stabilizer, Black KOR square rock sliders
**If youve seen it around CT or know about it, PM me
DTrem08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #24
Chris_Ryan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrem08 View Post
Wait, so if I join 'club A', I can go wheeling either with them or any other club?? Say I'm in 'club A' and can't amke it to their run one weekend, but I can make it to 'club B'. I'd be able to go to B's run even though Im in A?
More or less. Only catch is if we already have like 15 rigs going out, I am not going to say yes to another club bringing 15 rigs to a small trail; 30 rigs on a small trail = no fun for anyone. All you would have to do is contact the president or land chair from club B.

EC4WDA Region D Schedule 2008
- Who says there is nowhere to run in New England and New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
Chris_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #25
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrem08 View Post
Wait, so if I join 'club A', I can go wheeling either with them or any other club?? Say I'm in 'club A' and can't make it to their run one weekend, but I can make it to 'club B'. I'd be able to go to B's run even though I'm in A?
On a singular basis, if you are in club "A", Yes, you can attend Club "B"'s ride or Club "C" or even Club "J". The catch is provided they have room.
Case in point: E4W is doing a ride next weekend, Mar 29th. Due to its location, mud season, etc. it is limited to 15 rigs. So, if you called our trail coordinator and asked to go on the ride, he would put you on a waiting list in case anyone canceled. Generally however, that isn't an issue.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #26
cherox
2015 JK Wrangler 

so theres all these members from Western Mass. What club would you suggest for someone real close to Boston? Thanks very much.
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #27
Chris_Ryan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

As far as I know there is no "Boston based clubs" There is Cape Cod Jeep Club, as the name implies they mostly from the Cape. My club, Underground Jeeps is mostly Worcester and Springfield guys, but I am from Tewksbury, our President lives in Mansfield, we also have 2 or 3 members in the Westboro area. Most clubs from what I have seen are spread out like this. Since as you can see most runs are in Central and Western MA, we all end up traveling somewhere.

The best advise I can give is to check out various clubs pages, join up on some of their forums, and get to know them. There is alot of different personalities in clubs, find one that meets your personality the best. I believe all clubs in the EC4WDA will allow you to come one one or 2 runs before you join (we actually require you to come atleast once) So go out and meet some people and have a great time! Most clubs are not wheeling much for another month or so, so you have plenty of time to meet people before the season takes off!

Here are some resources to start you off...

EC4WDA Clubs w. Contacts: http://ec4wda.org/regiond/memberclubs.asp
EC4WDA Calendar: http://www.undergroundjeeps.net/EC_Schedule.html
EC4WDA Forum: http://www.ec4wda.org/phpBB/index.php
- Also I think every club has their own forum on their site (links on the contact page)

If you have anymore questions, let me know

Chris Ryan

Quote:
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #28
cherox
2015 JK Wrangler 

thanks very much Chris.. I have looked through some of the info you provided.. I signed up on ur forum, and will direct my questions to you there. Thanks!
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #29
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow there are a lot of people in Mass! There are absolutely no legal trails here in central Mass. and SICKJEEP1998 by any chance did you sell some one your set of stock rims?
Luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #30
Chris_Ryan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999jeep View Post
There are absolutely no legal trails here in central Mass.
I have a list of 27 trails in western and central MA of legal trails to run. To many for us to even run all of them this year... Not to mention 28 Towns that have at lease 1 location we need to go out and scout. See my previous post. I am not saying join my club, but join A club. One will be right for you. There are plenty of legal places to run in MA, you just have to know where.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.