Tenting, fishing?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Tenting, fishing?'s

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tenting, fishing?'s

I was looking for somebody fairly local that could give me some pointers on camping, such as good quality tents and what some actual requirements are.. I have camped several times but just with people never on my own and i want to get my own equipment and do some camping this fall..
I was also wondering if there are any places around that are good fishing holes and camping spots?
I am new to fishing aswell but it sure is addicting when you start cranking in some bass..

I dont know much about camping how to setup a good campsite, proper equipment actually necessary not just for fun...

So if somebody could help me out it would be appreciated.. Thanks

00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

95 XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto, V8 ZJ steering linkage
JSahara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
Khaos02
2002 WJ 

necessary equipment would be water, food, clothes to accommodate all different weather (it is new england) lol, first aid kit just in case... it all depends on where your going though... http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/camping/checklists.htm

tents all depend on where your going and how many people so just do your research.

and for spots to go well i dont really know any places with fishing spots but good luck!!! and i hope this was helpful!
Khaos02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
southshore30
1982 CJ7 

Go to a local EMS or look at some of the stuff in a Cabella's catalog for supplies and ideas. Don't forget to store your food properly to keep it safe from bears!

SBC350,T-176,D-300,D44
southshore30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I recommend LL Bean's King Pine dome tent. The most important requirement for camping is a big cooler filled with cold beer.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
DBLJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshore30 View Post
Go to a local EMS or look at some of the stuff in a Cabella's catalog for supplies and ideas. Don't forget to store your food properly to keep it safe from bears!
Go to EMS to look but not buy. Their stuff is very overpriced. Find what you like then look online.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks
I started picking up a few items such as a small stove and a lantern along with some camping cookware and a few other little things.. the next purchase will be the Tent im looking for a 4 person that i can stand in and it will be a three season i know i wont be doing any winter camping..
00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

Unread 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSahara00 View Post
.. the next purchase will be the Tent im looking for a 4 person that i can stand in and it will be a three season i know i wont be doing any winter camping..
Then you will really like the King Pine dome tent. Get the 6 person instead of 4 person because the "persons" they use to measure tents are midgets.

I also highly recommend Thermarest mattresses.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks ill have to look into it..

Unread 01-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
DBLJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Then you will really like the King Pine dome tent. Get the 6 person instead of 4 person because the "persons" they use to measure tents are midgets.

I also highly recommend Thermarest mattresses.
Too true. a two person is really a one person. A one person, hell you cant fit in there.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
r34civic
1995 ZJ 

i got a coleman laurel creek 6 person tent, and it fits me, wife, and daughter with a pack and play crib and our air mattress, i have a small weber grille, charcoal, all necessary cooking tools with mini led lights attatched to them, small battery powered heater incase i go in late fall or even winter, i have a coleman led round cieling light i got at walmart for 7$, shovel, fire extinguisher, walkie talkies, air compressor, and any vehicle tools i may need, its a jeep thing lol....and to save room in the jeep, i have a front mount 3 rod holder for front bumper.
r34civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
r34civic
1995 ZJ 

and as far as camping places go, white mountains all the way! there are several camping places for very cheap up there, and some places north of the mountains that you can hike to, but alot of places in southern nh that are on class roads you can camp
r34civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
BlackDaddyZJ
1994 ZJ 

I went camping a couple times last year and had bought a walmart $35 4 person tent that fit 3 and a cooler and our bags of clothes, it rained and the tent was really super water-proof. also found out that you should definitely try to find the highest part of the site your camping on to put the tent. we put it in just about the lowest spot not even thinking and ended up moving it in the middle of the night after seeing 4" of water just outside the flap. invest in quality equipment and do some research
IRO 4.5" Lift
35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's

98 5.9
Restored and daily driven
BlackDaddyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.