Specialty Vehicle Insurance question for Mass Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Specialty Vehicle Insurance question for Mass Jeepers

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Specialty Vehicle Insurance question for Mass Jeepers

Ok, so I currently have insurance through Commerce Insurance Co. I submitted all of the receipts for my "specialty equipment" on my Jeep, such as wheels, tires, winch, etc and they gave me a call today to say that they will only cover the stuff if it's on a van or pickup...stupid.
So my question is do any of you have coverage on your jeeps including accessories? If so, who do you have it through? A couple of my friends have insurance on their show cars through Grundy Worldwide but Im not sure they would cover something like the jeep.

Built Not Bought #159
Badassbabe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

I don't add that stuff to my policy. take pictures.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Even if you can find a company that will insure these accessories I expect you would have trouble collecting if it came to filing a claim.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I guess my insurance company told me the wrong thing when they called the first time LOL. They WILL cover the accessories and stuff if something were to happen to them because I have comp coverage...they dont need to charge extra or add it to the policy, they just said to keep pics and all receipts.
Built Not Bought #159
Badassbabe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Correction. They said they would cover these items. Thats different from actually covering those items if you end up filing a claim. A member of my club just recently had his vehicle totaled by a driver that went into a coughing fit. All the insurance company would pay is the book value even though the modifications were worth several times the book value. Whats worse, the company would not pay if he removed anything from the vehicle (adjuster took pictures). Granted this scenario is a bit different from what you are asking. But it does go to show that one must never overestimate the integrity of the insurance company.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Fastbeeatch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
Correction. They said they would cover these items. Thats different from actually covering those items if you end up filing a claim. A member of my club just recently had his vehicle totaled by a driver that went into a coughing fit. All the insurance company would pay is the book value even though the modifications were worth several times the book value. Whats worse, the company would not pay if he removed anything from the vehicle (adjuster took pictures). Granted this scenario is a bit different from what you are asking. But it does go to show that one must never overestimate the integrity of the insurance company.
you can buy the vehicle from insurance company if it has been totaled they don't want much for vehicle by that point. the parts can be recovered and vehicle resold, there are many different scenarios when it comes to accidents. When it comes to theft it becomes even murkier on what will be covered, at the end of the day if they don't charge you extra on what you installed chances are they will balk at paying.
H1 Wheels 36" GoodYear OZ Tires
Fastbeeatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.