"Rocky Wood Lane" Taunton Ma. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > "Rocky Wood Lane" Taunton Ma.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
2DoorXJ91
1998 ZJ 

"Rocky Wood Lane" Taunton Ma.

So i'm in high school and a teacher of mines is heavily into jeeps off-roading. we got into the topic of him wheeling and he told me of some private property in Taunton Ma that is on "rocky wood lane" but google maps can't find that street. from what he was telling me it's some pretty serious mudholes, he has a CJ w/ 44's and he says he won't go in there unless theres another jeep to pull him out if he gets stuck. so anyone know where it actually is, if so please post some directions on how to get there from Fall River, definately wanna check it out.

2DoorXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
jimkonow
1998 ZJ 

private property wheeling talk is subject to the ban hammer... (unless you have permission to be on the land)
jimkonow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
2DoorXJ91
1998 ZJ 

when i asked my teacher he said he lets people go on it, just as long as they dont dump trash there, but doesn't mind people wheeling on it.
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Its your teachers property? Ask him to invite me over?

Otherwise you might look into hooking up with a member club of the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs. All the legal wheeling you could ask for and good people too.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Xjpionner
1989 MJ Comanche 

I've heard of this place but never went there as it is indeed "private property" I think your best bet since your in Fall River is just to go play in the state forest. In this area the trails of off Copicut rd is about as good as it gets, unless you want to road trip to Templeton or MaBell
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
2DoorXJ91
1998 ZJ 

well my teacher is a reserve cop in the town over and is actually friends with the owner of property so he says and he told me that theres always people there on friday and saturdays and that the guy doesn't mind if you go there, just don't dump your trash there and make a mess of it, but I guess i'll ask him tomarrow when i go back and figure out how to get there.

and I don't really like the state forest, i've been there too many times because it is legit right up the street from my house, probably about half a mile, that's why i was looking for directions to this place.
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would not post any directions in public. The fewer people that know about it the better.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
2DoorXJ91
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
I would not post any directions in public. The fewer people that know about it the better.

from what he says theres already a bunch of people who go. says 2 girls last year just graduated high school and their father bought a 2010 hummer for them, and they got in stuck in one of the mudholes
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DoorXJ91 View Post
from what he says theres already a bunch of people who go. says 2 girls last year just graduated high school and their father bought a 2010 hummer for them, and they got in stuck in one of the mudholes
Still. The more people that go the wors it will get. It will become a party spot and what not. All it takes is one person to ruin it for all.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
2DoorXJ91
1998 ZJ 

figured out where it's located from my teacher, can't wait to check it out
Unread 09-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

BTW, mud is for reta . . . oh never mind. Enjoy.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #12
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjpionner View Post
I've heard of this place but never went there as it is indeed "private property" I think your best bet since your in Fall River is just to go play in the state forest. In this area the trails of off Copicut rd is about as good as it gets, unless you want to road trip to Templeton or MaBell
And Mabell isn't a long enough trail to make the 2 1/2 hour ride from Fall River anywhere close to worth it.
OldYellowXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
BTW, mud is for reta . . . oh never mind. Enjoy.
Mud is for pigs to play in, not jeeps!

Fixed and finished.
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
steviej35

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll disagree with you on that one Old yellow....just went there and had a blast Wasnt a bad ride either made good time and had lots of fun
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #15
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviej35 View Post
I'll disagree with you on that one Old yellow....just went there and had a blast Wasnt a bad ride either made good time and had lots of fun
I think its too short to justify a 2.5 hour ride. Yes its a good solid technical trail (that my Jeep cant make it all the way up) but if you go past the summit your getting into illegal wheeling land. so basically, if you're going up the trail and then start going downhill without turning around, you've gone too far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.