Need a good WMass 4x4 shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Need a good WMass 4x4 shop

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
bigtimmymac
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Need a good WMass 4x4 shop

Anyone know of any good 4x4 repair shops in WMass/Springfield area? After I had a suspension lift put in out in CA there is a major vibration when accelerating in the rear part of the vehicle.

Thanks

bigtimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
DuffDaddy
2007 WK 

There is endangered species not sure where exactly but they are in that area.......
DuffDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Elias4WDCenter

Holyoke - Todd is his name. Top notch, good tech.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
mattamd_xp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just watch out for him selling you stuff you don't need and then charging an arm and a leg for what he does do. Did you get a SYE installed along with the lift? I'm local to you if you want to swing by some time and I can take a look at it for you.
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
bigtimmymac
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. Not exactly sure what the SYE is so bare with me. They just did a 2" lift suspension with fox shocks and 31x10.5 tires. They put on some new U joints and a steering column. They had some major vibrations after the install and couldnt figure it out for a few days. I think they did something with the differential. Had the jeep dealership check the engine and drive shaft but all were good. Even tried a new drive shaft just to make sure and no improvement so I think its the differential or rear alignment.
bigtimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
mattamd_xp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I sounds like they didn't put in a SYE (slip yoke eliminator). Some Jeeps even with 2" of lift will get vibrations because of the increase in the angle of the rear driveshaft. There is no adjustment for alignment on a stock TJ, so nothing is out there unless the Jeep was in an accident, or the lift they installed has adjustable control arms.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.