Massachusetts Jeep Shops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Massachusetts Jeep Shops

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 10-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
struppa79
2011 JK Wrangler 

Massachusetts Jeep Shops

Does anyone know of any garages/shops in Massachusetts (Pref near-ish to Boston) where I can get a snorkel installed? I am not mechanically inclined, so that is not an option and I want to be able to take it back to a place if there are any problems with it. Basically I want to do all sorts of fun stuff to my Jeep, but don't know where I can take it. Thanks

struppa79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to Jeepforum! I'm from Woburn but work and used to live in Medford.

There's a couple good places in the area, including Steve's Jeep Country and Domenic's Jeep.

If you're looking for more local Jeeps to get some information from, check out NorthShoreJeeps.com. Asking on there will probably get you better local answers (not to mention some awesome people to hang out with!!!) We actually have a thread where we've posted up our favorite shops and vendors!

Congrats on the JK and the snorkel! I'm jealous. We want one on our JKU so badly, but I'm not willing to compromise warranty until a few years out.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
PeteYJTJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I would also recommend Elias-4WD in Townsend, MA. Maybe a bit of a ride for you, but Lou is a top-shelf guy and stands by his work.

Good luck
Pete
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
struppa79
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tips guys
struppa79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Elias4WDCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteYJTJ View Post
I would also recommend Elias-4WD in Townsend, MA. Maybe a bit of a ride for you, but Lou is a top-shelf guy and stands by his work.

Good luck
Pete
I might be biased... But I would try to call them to.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Elias4WDCenter

Thanks for coming in Struppa79!

Just a fun tech note for the DIY Jeeper...
We had to use about 3/4" spacers under the air box for clearance around the power steering pump and lower radiator hose. With that done, we gained a little more comfort for engine movement and all the pieces lined up perfectly.
As always, it is better to cut on the conservative side and then widen as necessary. You're cutting into the front fender and a bad move here will be evident.

EVERYONE WANTS ONE OF THOSE EMBLEMS, SHOWING OUR HOME TOWN PRIDE!
nov20-12-018.jpg   nov20-12-013.jpg   nov20-12-012.jpg   nov20-12-011.jpg   nov20-12-010.jpg  

nov20-12-017.jpg  
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Elias4WDCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
Welcome to Jeepforum! I'm from Woburn but work and used to live in Medford.

There's a couple good places in the area, including Steve's Jeep Country and Domenic's Jeep.

If you're looking for more local Jeeps to get some information from, check out NorthShoreJeeps.com. Asking on there will probably get you better local answers (not to mention some awesome people to hang out with!!!) We actually have a thread where we've posted up our favorite shops and vendors!

Congrats on the JK and the snorkel! I'm jealous. We want one on our JKU so badly, but I'm not willing to compromise warranty until a few years out.

Domenic's Auto & Jeep repair in Hampstead, NH is another excellent shop, and we have no problem whatsoever referring a potential customer his way if it is closer.

We could refer you to a dealership not too, too far away that is mod friendly when it is warranty time. You would have to PM me.
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So trying to find a good shop near the Foxboro area. Closer and easier for me to drive up to Worcester then to drive into Boston. Anyone?
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
DickDickle
1996 ZJ 

Domenics went under he is closing up shop
DickDickle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
So trying to find a good shop near the Foxboro area. Closer and easier for me to drive up to Worcester then to drive into Boston. Anyone?
WC Motorsports on RT 1 across from Gillette stadium? I've never used them but one member of OSJ had a SYE installed there and was happy with the job.

What are you trying to do?
Technohead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
WC Motorsports on RT 1 across from Gillette stadium? I've never used them but one member of OSJ had a SYE installed there and was happy with the job.

What are you trying to do?
2.25 bb, new track bars, wheels mounted and balanced, new shocks and quick discos (might do myself). Talked to a local shop he said he'd do it for me. but if I can get an offroading shop i'd prefer.
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Try my shop out if you like.. I'm right in Norton! High Tech Automotive
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
Elias4WDCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDickle View Post
Domenics went under he is closing up shop
This is a loss to the local community.
On the upside, Dom is doing great in his new career up in Maine.
He's selling a 47 Willys CJ-2a (iirc on the Cj2a model) that runs, drives, stops and steers.

Tags
boston , help needed , installing , shop , snorkel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.