JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f357/)
-   -   Massachusetts Jeep Shops (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f357/massachusetts-jeep-shops-1431765/)

struppa79 10-26-2012 09:17 AM

Massachusetts Jeep Shops

Does anyone know of any garages/shops in Massachusetts (Pref near-ish to Boston) where I can get a snorkel installed? I am not mechanically inclined, so that is not an option and I want to be able to take it back to a place if there are any problems with it. Basically I want to do all sorts of fun stuff to my Jeep, but don't know where I can take it. Thanks

CrawlingForward 10-26-2012 09:27 AM

Welcome to Jeepforum! I'm from Woburn but work and used to live in Medford.

There's a couple good places in the area, including Steve's Jeep Country and Domenic's Jeep.

If you're looking for more local Jeeps to get some information from, check out NorthShoreJeeps.com. Asking on there will probably get you better local answers (not to mention some awesome people to hang out with!!!) We actually have a thread where we've posted up our favorite shops and vendors!

Congrats on the JK and the snorkel! I'm jealous. We want one on our JKU so badly, but I'm not willing to compromise warranty until a few years out.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93695373_n.jpg

PeteYJTJ 10-26-2012 09:53 AM

I would also recommend Elias-4WD in Townsend, MA. Maybe a bit of a ride for you, but Lou is a top-shelf guy and stands by his work.

Good luck
Pete

struppa79 10-30-2012 09:37 AM

Thanks for the tips guys

Elias4WDCenter 11-19-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteYJTJ (Post 14361484)
I would also recommend Elias-4WD in Townsend, MA. Maybe a bit of a ride for you, but Lou is a top-shelf guy and stands by his work.

Good luck
Pete

I might be biased... But I would try to call them to.:wave:

Elias4WDCenter 11-21-2012 10:46 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Thanks for coming in Struppa79!

Just a fun tech note for the DIY Jeeper...
We had to use about 3/4" spacers under the air box for clearance around the power steering pump and lower radiator hose. With that done, we gained a little more comfort for engine movement and all the pieces lined up perfectly.
As always, it is better to cut on the conservative side and then widen as necessary. You're cutting into the front fender and a bad move here will be evident.

EVERYONE WANTS ONE OF THOSE EMBLEMS, SHOWING OUR HOME TOWN PRIDE!

Elias4WDCenter 11-21-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawlingForward (Post 14361348)
Welcome to Jeepforum! I'm from Woburn but work and used to live in Medford.

There's a couple good places in the area, including Steve's Jeep Country and Domenic's Jeep.

If you're looking for more local Jeeps to get some information from, check out NorthShoreJeeps.com. Asking on there will probably get you better local answers (not to mention some awesome people to hang out with!!!) We actually have a thread where we've posted up our favorite shops and vendors!

Congrats on the JK and the snorkel! I'm jealous. We want one on our JKU so badly, but I'm not willing to compromise warranty until a few years out.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93695373_n.jpg

Domenic's Auto & Jeep repair in Hampstead, NH is another excellent shop, and we have no problem whatsoever referring a potential customer his way if it is closer.

We could refer you to a dealership not too, too far away that is mod friendly when it is warranty time. You would have to PM me.

tucsonzj 04-29-2013 02:31 PM

So trying to find a good shop near the Foxboro area. Closer and easier for me to drive up to Worcester then to drive into Boston. Anyone?

DickDickle 05-02-2013 07:29 PM

Domenics went under he is closing up shop

Technohead 05-02-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucsonzj (Post 15364580)
So trying to find a good shop near the Foxboro area. Closer and easier for me to drive up to Worcester then to drive into Boston. Anyone?

WC Motorsports on RT 1 across from Gillette stadium? I've never used them but one member of OSJ had a SYE installed there and was happy with the job.

What are you trying to do?

tucsonzj 05-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technohead (Post 15381996)
WC Motorsports on RT 1 across from Gillette stadium? I've never used them but one member of OSJ had a SYE installed there and was happy with the job.

What are you trying to do?

2.25 bb, new track bars, wheels mounted and balanced, new shocks and quick discos (might do myself). Talked to a local shop he said he'd do it for me. but if I can get an offroading shop i'd prefer.

Greentj05 05-07-2013 05:43 AM

Try my shop out if you like.. I'm right in Norton! High Tech Automotive

Elias4WDCenter 05-08-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickDickle (Post 15381322)
Domenics went under he is closing up shop

This is a loss to the local community.
On the upside, Dom is doing great in his new career up in Maine.
He's selling a 47 Willys CJ-2a (iirc on the Cj2a model) that runs, drives, stops and steers. :cheers2:

The time now is 03:03 PM.