Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Massachusetts Exhaust Ban Bill back on the table

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BigTDogg 
#1 ·
http://blogs.gmhightechperformance.com/6757131/miscellaneous/massachusetts-exhaust-law/index.html

Please take a minute to write some (if not all) of the email addresses listed in the link. This bill is ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer money. Nevermind the stereotyping and profiling associated with it.

A sample letter is included below, if you just want to C&P:

(representative or senator's title and name here),

I'm writing you today to request your opposition to H.B. 952; the ban on aftermarket exhaust systems on motor vehicles.

H.B. 952 ignores the fact that aftermarket exhaust systems are designed to make vehicles run more efficiently without increasing emissions.

H.B. 952 does not supply law enforcement with a clear standard to enforce, allowing them to make subjective judgments on whether or not a modified exhaust system is in violation.

Just because this time around it includes motorcycles doesn't make the bill right. It is still far too subjective, and hurts local businesses. What happens to muffler shops, auto parts dealers and MA based performance shops if this bill passes? What happens when the exhaust on the car rusts through in 5 years from the salty winter roads? Replacing with another OEM exhaust is cost prohibitive and foolish, knowing it will only fail again in another 5 years.

As a resident of MA for years now, I can definitely say that there are much bigger problems which need addressing in this state.

I sincerely thank you for reading this.

Best regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.