Mass Wheelers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Mass Wheelers

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #31
PINKANDBLACK
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The bug didnt show up to RSG. I showed up and watched some 35" super swampers plow new trails through the forest, knocking over good sized trees. He also ripped around in the stream and up the stream banks. At one point they were going to cut down a tree with a chain saw, but the rig came unstuck before they did. Winching with no tree guards/protectors. I dont believe anyone had permission to be here either, it was the first trip here for all of them except one. Most of the others treaded lightly. Made me sick, I dont even want to think about wheeling for a while.

Last edited by PINKANDBLACK; 02-08-2010 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: more info
PINKANDBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #32
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKANDBLACK View Post
The bug didnt show up to RSG. I showed up and watched some 35" super swampers plow new trails through the forest, knocking over good sized trees. He also ripped around in the stream and up the stream banks. At one point they were going to cut down a tree with a chain saw, but the rig came unstuck before they did. Winching with no tree guards/protectors. I dont believe anyone had permission to be here either, it was the first trip here for all of them except one. Most of the others treaded lightly. Made me sick, I dont even want to think about wheeling for a while.
And thats why its going to be closing.
Unread 02-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #33
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had heard that it was going to be closed. Is that definite or still up in the air?
Unread 02-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #34
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKANDBLACK View Post
...watched some 35" super swampers plow new trails through the forest, knocking over good sized trees. He also ripped around in the stream and up the stream banks. At one point they were going to cut down a tree with a chain saw, but the rig came unstuck before they did. Winching with no tree guards/protectors. I dont believe anyone had permission to be here either, it was the first trip here for all of them except one. Most of the others treaded lightly. Made me sick, I dont even want to think about wheeling for a while.
and they'll be the first to complain that trails are being lost. No consideration for those that have worked hard with land owners to keep places open.

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #35
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-WhiteTJ View Post
and they'll be the first to complain that trails are being lost. No consideration for those that have worked hard with land owners to keep places open.
and there are still people who wonder why I stepped away...

Too much of this

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #36
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Ch all the roads are open stay on them! no issues. No large groups.

A Dana 35 is a waste of money.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #37
Orange_Crush
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post

A Dana 35 is a waste of money.
I beg to differ. Strongest axle known to man.

I've seen RSG devour 60s and 14 bolts but a 35 with a lock right, they go right through.
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #38
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Crush View Post

I've seen RSG devour 60s and 14 bolts but a 35 with a lock right, they go right through.
The use of the go go petal may have something to do with the biger axles getting destroyed.
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #39
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

X2.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar
billyjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #40
Orange_Crush
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
X2.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar
I love the ease of ridiculous sarcasm on the Interwebs. You don't even have to keep a straight face...

Unread 02-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #41
Jeepin_Dave
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGJB View Post
I had heard that it was going to be closed. Is that definite or still up in the air?
I was told this was turned over to Mass. Wildlife Management as of today and access to the property is no longer granted from the road or from the previous land owners property....
Jeepin_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #42
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

There should be an outcry from MA wheelers. Contact your state representatives and let them know how you feel. Think about how the wheeling community would respond if they tried shutting down the Rubicon Trail. Hopefully this travesty will moblize wheelers, local clubs, NEA4WD, and EC4WDA, etc. into political action.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #43
billyjp2
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I love the ease of ridiculous sarcasm on the Interwebs. You don't even have to keep a straight face...

I try to be an E-thug as much as possible for the simple reason that i have no chance of backing it up in real life.
billyjp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #44
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
There should be an outcry from MA wheelers. Contact your state representatives and let them know how you feel. Think about how the wheeling community would respond if they tried shutting down the Rubicon Trail. Hopefully this travesty will moblize wheelers, local clubs, NEA4WD, and EC4WDA, etc. into political action.
People are all talk but no work. Another reason to join the NEA.

That last group that went, pretty much destroyed the chance. Not practicing Tread Lightly and driving off the trail.
Unread 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #45
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post

People are all talk but no work. Another reason to join the NEA.

That last group that went, pretty much destroyed the chance. Not practicing Tread Lightly and driving off the trail.
Now is too late to be contacting your reps. WAY too late. They've already made their decisions and rec'd public comment and none (well, OK, probably 15-20 people wrote on it) was from the wheeling community and all the rest was from green whackos.
The time to be writing your reps is always... so they know we are always here.
But, as you say, people are all talk and no work, so, another one bites the dust.

Weird but two years ago I would have been freaked out, so pissed I wouldn't be able to stand myself... Now, I really don't seem to care......
We are our own self fulfilling prophecy.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.