MA Tire Coverage Law - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > MA Tire Coverage Law

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #16
Gillious
1988 TJ Wrangler 

you don't need a special sticker or register your truck to b a recovery vehicle. and I'm not saying all cops are right about laws all the time I'm just pretty sure he knows what he's talking about considering he has 5 wranglers and he's also a detective. as for other tow trucks and recovery vehicles they usually belong to a company so they would never want some off chance that a cop doesnt know what he's doing and pull them over they also go for a more professional look rather than the badass look, also I doubt everyone thinks pertruding tires looks good.

Gillious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
Gillious
1988 TJ Wrangler 

my tires are 33x12.5 with the original flares and I've never even been looked at twice
Gillious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
jeepnaked98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's also a MA General Law that a 4x4 vehicles have a max lift limit of the equation: (wheelbase x wheel track)/2200. <3" depending on the model. Just another one of those things that nobody pays attention to and is rarely enforced.

I was once failed inspection becuase I had 4" suspension lift by an anal inspector.
jeepnaked98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #19
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillious View Post
my cousin is a cop and a jeep guy, he told me if u have a wench mounted you don't need to have flares or fenders because with a wench you can b considered a recovery vehicle, if they give you trouble just say you do it for free.
What if I have a winch do I need flares then? I think your cousin needs to read some laws again.
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
NBFarmboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ

What if I have a winch do I need flares then? I think your cousin needs to read some laws again.
I thought the same thing but I'm not going to argue with the tool bag
His response was he owns 5 wranglers and is a detective
Well **** I own 9 jeeps total
5 run 4 are parts, and I'm a certified mechanic with over 8 years experience and 2 years of school
But what does that matter
I'm done arguing with know-it-alls

Posting from the comforts of the wilderness
"Bullfrog" 88 XJ 4.0, Doorless, 2" lift, 33-10.5 tires, very cut fenders...
NBFarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.