MA Tire Coverage Law - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > MA Tire Coverage Law

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
Gillious
1988 TJ Wrangler 

you don't need a special sticker or register your truck to b a recovery vehicle. and I'm not saying all cops are right about laws all the time I'm just pretty sure he knows what he's talking about considering he has 5 wranglers and he's also a detective. as for other tow trucks and recovery vehicles they usually belong to a company so they would never want some off chance that a cop doesnt know what he's doing and pull them over they also go for a more professional look rather than the badass look, also I doubt everyone thinks pertruding tires looks good.

Gillious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
Gillious
1988 TJ Wrangler 

my tires are 33x12.5 with the original flares and I've never even been looked at twice
Gillious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
jeepnaked98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's also a MA General Law that a 4x4 vehicles have a max lift limit of the equation: (wheelbase x wheel track)/2200. <3" depending on the model. Just another one of those things that nobody pays attention to and is rarely enforced.

I was once failed inspection becuase I had 4" suspension lift by an anal inspector.
jeepnaked98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillious View Post
my cousin is a cop and a jeep guy, he told me if u have a wench mounted you don't need to have flares or fenders because with a wench you can b considered a recovery vehicle, if they give you trouble just say you do it for free.
What if I have a winch do I need flares then? I think your cousin needs to read some laws again.
DBLJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #20
NBFarmboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ

What if I have a winch do I need flares then? I think your cousin needs to read some laws again.
I thought the same thing but I'm not going to argue with the tool bag
His response was he owns 5 wranglers and is a detective
Well **** I own 9 jeeps total
5 run 4 are parts, and I'm a certified mechanic with over 8 years experience and 2 years of school
But what does that matter
I'm done arguing with know-it-alls

Posting from the comforts of the wilderness
"Bullfrog" 88 XJ 4.0, Doorless, 2" lift, 33-10.5 tires, very cut fenders...
NBFarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.