Loud Exhaust Law - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Loud Exhaust Law

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
bmpage84
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Just because you're happy to roll over doesn't mean I am. But if you want to know, real cops not corrupt power hungry ones.
Yes cops make decisions on judgement, no argument there, but they can't do whatever they want on any judgement. They're judgments and actions have to be supported by legislation. They can't just make up laws as they go. Good cops don't try and do this.

Yes I do know the DUI laws and process in which you can and can't be stopped. I also lived in the strictest state in the country for DUI laws.

I also know my rights as a citizen and will ask for an explanation, anytime I've been stopped for speeding or whatever it may have been (usually speeding) I have rights and the information to protect myself, I hope you do too. Doesn't mean I'm an dick running around fighting everything. But as for my legal advice, its not advice. Take it as you want. But if you don't know your rights, enjoy not using them. As for the mudflap stuff, how do you think I know that if a cop writes me a ticket i'll be in court fighting it, I read the laws and follow them (I was stopped for it in AZ and that's how I found out that since on my title I am a "station wagon" not an SUV or Truck, I don't have to follow mudflap laws, and the cop acknowledged it when he read my registration)
Believe me, there is nothing that you (nor anyone else for that matter) can teach me about the law enforcement community that I am not already aware of.

The fact that you are comparing a MV law from the state of AZ to that of a CMVI here in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts leads me to believe that you do know how to "read". And, at some point, have reviewed some of the MGL’s or perhaps even some of the MA CMR’s. However, your understanding and interpretation of them, to suit your "rights as a citizen", is quite convoluted.

Best to leave the interpretation of the law in this State to the men and women of the SJC, or if need be, to those of the US Supreme Court. They are after all, the only “citizens” who have the “right” to interpret any law, and decide when, where, and how, it is to be used. They’re decisions are where I take my guidance from.

I wish you luck in your future “legal” plights.

__________________
[B]__________________________________[/B]
[B][SIZE="3"]Happy Trails![/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Silver"]Chrome[/COLOR] on a [COLOR="Olive"]Jeep[/COLOR] is like a[COLOR="Magenta"] hot chick [/COLOR]with [COLOR="Red"]herpes[/COLOR]! [/B]
bmpage84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
bmpage84
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
With regard to loud exhaust I would worry less about the law and more about respecting your fellow citizens who have to listen to it.
I could not have said it better!
__________________
[B]__________________________________[/B]
[B][SIZE="3"]Happy Trails![/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Silver"]Chrome[/COLOR] on a [COLOR="Olive"]Jeep[/COLOR] is like a[COLOR="Magenta"] hot chick [/COLOR]with [COLOR="Red"]herpes[/COLOR]! [/B]
bmpage84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
tucsonzj
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpage84 View Post
Believe me, there is nothing that you (nor anyone else for that matter) can teach me about the law enforcement community that I am not already aware of.

The fact that you are comparing a MV law from the state of AZ to that of a CMVI here in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts leads me to believe that you do know how to "read". And, at some point, have reviewed some of the MGL’s or perhaps even some of the MA CMR’s. However, your understanding and interpretation of them, to suit your "rights as a citizen", is quite convoluted.

Best to leave the interpretation of the law in this State to the men and women of the SJC, or if need be, to those of the US Supreme Court. They are after all, the only “citizens” who have the “right” to interpret any law, and decide when, where, and how, it is to be used. They’re decisions are where I take my guidance from.

I wish you luck in your future “legal” plights.
only the most delusional believe they can learn nothing.

The fact that you would even make such a statement shows that this discussion could go no where. So let's just end it there.
__________________
"washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder."
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
DBLJ
Web Wheeler
 
DBLJ's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Braintree, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead
With regard to loud exhaust I would worry less about the law and more about respecting your fellow citizens who have to listen to it.
I made my muffler choice on the fact that I leave for work at 0500. Happy neighbors is a happy life.
__________________
Buy my welder. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f94/l...75-hd-1399807/
DBLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
bmpage84
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset, Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
only the most delusional believe they can learn nothing.

The fact that you would even make such a statement shows that this discussion could go no where. So let's just end it there.
I agree with you wholeheartedly!

“A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.”

After 31 years on the job, dealing with every nut job that society has spawned, I must be delusional to think that law enforcement officers can actually make a difference!
__________________
[B]__________________________________[/B]
[B][SIZE="3"]Happy Trails![/SIZE][/B]

[B][COLOR="Silver"]Chrome[/COLOR] on a [COLOR="Olive"]Jeep[/COLOR] is like a[COLOR="Magenta"] hot chick [/COLOR]with [COLOR="Red"]herpes[/COLOR]! [/B]
bmpage84 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.