Looking for a Wrangler around Boston - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Looking for a Wrangler around Boston

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
rockd

Looking for a Wrangler around Boston

Hi guys, new to the site and I'm looking to buy my first Jeep (I'm a big gearhead, but have no experience with Jeeps). Looking to dive in headfirst and buy a modded Wrangler - lift kit, 33's, stereo, 5 or 6-speed, 6cyl, etc.

I'm open to any suggestions, but the Jeep should be pretty clean and reliable as a DD. I'm especially partial to electric green/blue, white, and black. Looking to spend somewhere around 10k and I'd like to buy as soon as this weekend. Any help, guys?

rockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
96-XJ
1972 CJ5 

hello and welcome! I see you're from boston as well. i recently moved here myself. So you're looking for a wrangler already modded for $10k. you'll mostly find TJ models in the early 2000s for that price range. be sure not to go to high as im lifted 4'' with 32s but with an XJ, when i had my spare on my roof i couldn't make it under some parking garages, so pick your poison.
96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
rockd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96-XJ View Post
hello and welcome! I see you're from boston as well. i recently moved here myself. So you're looking for a wrangler already modded for $10k. you'll mostly find TJ models in the early 2000s for that price range. be sure not to go to high as im lifted 4'' with 32s but with an XJ, when i had my spare on my roof i couldn't make it under some parking garages, so pick your poison.
Early 2000's are fine - even 90's cars that have been well taken care of. Pretty much any car that is tasteful and makes me go "Yep, this is the ONE!"

Honestly, I think a 4" lift with 33's would be fine... I'll have the spare mounted on the rear swingarm, so no problems there.

Thanks for the welcome!
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Zj93
1993 ZJ 

welcome to the mass area
Zj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
rockd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zj93 View Post
welcome to the mass area
Thanks bud! I'm picking up a wrangler on saturday, so I hope to be an active member on here.
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

WAIT !!!!..dont buy anything til youve seen mine

<------ VIEW MY CLASSIFIEDS....

12000.00..theres a vid on you tube of its capabilities if youre interested pm me
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
rockd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiwannabe View Post
WAIT !!!!..dont buy anything til youve seen mine

<------ VIEW MY CLASSIFIEDS....

12000.00..theres a vid on you tube of its capabilities if youre interested pm me
Thanks for the offer, but I think I got a much better deal
Unread 04-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
surfsup887
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hey me tj's gonna be up for sale once i replace the muffler. heres a copy of the listing...

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport- Khaki Color
Jeep is in overall good condition, 94k miles. No body rust or frame rust. Jeep has original hard top, original soft top, and aftermarket bikini top. Has original full steel doors as well as a set of soft halfdoors. Interior is in good condition, no funky smells or smoke smells. Paint and exterior has some small nicks and dings but nothing major. Jeep has lift and many tasteful modifications. Never beat on and rarely made it offroad.
3.5” Suspension Lift Kit
33” Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
16” Cragar V5 Wheels Black
High Performance Bilstein 5100 Shocks
Aftermarket Smittybilt front bumper with fog lights and winch mount - black
Aftermarket Smittybilt rear bumper with 2” receiver for bike racks - black
Aftermarket Smittybilt rocker gaurds - black
Aftermarket bikini top - black
Aftermarket soft half doors - black
Aftermarket tailgate tire carrier - black
Pioneer Headunit
Infinity front speakers
Pioneer rear speakers
Full size spare with matching wheel
New muffler
New clutch

can include the custom subbox, amp and sub for $250 extra

im trying to get 11,500

heres a pic
Built Not Bought #133
Looking for a 33 in R16 tire any condition in MA or RI
surfsup887 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.