Local Engine Shop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Local Engine Shop?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Jako75
1975 CJ5 

Local Engine Shop?

Anyone know of a local auto machine shop that does full rebuild work for the old AMC engines? I'm coming to the conclusion that this 401 was a rebuild candidate from the time I bought it and the fact that I got it running at all for a little while is a miracle. I'm low on free time already, so if I want this thing running by the end of the Mayan calendar it's time to look for someone that can rebuild it. I'm north of Worcester.

Any ideas as to the cost of such a service would be welcome as well.

Jako75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Wheezy
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Golens in Hudson NH. Chad is the owner and a great guy.
PM me for contact info.
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Jako75
1975 CJ5 

Thanks Wheezy. In the time between I ripped her apart and used my old 304 heads that were just serviced before the 304 block cracked a few years ago (I blame bad antifreeze mix and a cold winter). I realize I've crippled the beast with the smaller valves, but she runs much better, no smoke! So, I'll get the 401 heads done and make that next summer's project. I'll definitely give Golens a call if I need service.
Jako75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.