Just got a TJ, looking for trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Just got a TJ, looking for trails

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
Ryan1984

Just got a TJ, looking for trails

So....first post. A little background; I had a YJ last summer, and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, the frame was rotted pretty bad, and I couldn't keep it. So, I just picked up a TJ about a week ago. I'll attach some pictures.

Anyway, I live in Central MA, I'm looking for someone with knowledge of any trails? Either south of Worcester, or around where I go camping in Foster, RI. I have absolutely NO experience off road. I want to eventually join a club and go out with a bunch of guys, but before that 'd really like to go out by myself. Well, with a buddy, so by ourselves...just to get a feel for it. Nothing too crazy.

I know no one likes to give away the locations of anywhere they know for obvious reasons, and I completely understand and respect that. If anyone wants to help a noob out, let me know. You can PM me if you don't want to post it on here.

Ryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

contact us PatriotJeepers,inc I'm close bye got some stuff for you.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

can i get in on this action? I'm down in in walpole and havent found anything to get dirty yet.
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

sure stop bye our Website www.PatriotJeepers.com
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
octopus
2006 TJ Wrangler 

freetown/fall river state forest. dirt bikes and 4x4s allowed as long as the trail is open, possibly haunted tho.
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

the real 4 wheelin is in western mass, not down by the cape.
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
octopus
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post

i know, but the forest is easy wheeling, mostly just dirt roads.

can i join patriot jeepers?
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
grandzj96
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
Where is there in western a mass? I'm from the Brookfields and looking for places to go. Are there any good clubs out this way?
grandzj96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

you're central mass grandzj. I run with northshore jeepers and when they finally go on a trail my jeep is able to do, patriot jeepers. Not many trails unless you go really western mass. Like springfield west
Unread 06-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #10
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

sure check our website for more info 31" tire min
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
grandzj96
1996 ZJ 

Springfield is actually only abut 20-30 minutes away from me. I'm right between Worcester and springfield. And bluerubicon where does patriot jeepers mainly go? As in western mass, north shoe, cape...ect I'm looking for a club. And tusconzj the north shore is about 2 hours from me, but my girlfriend lives up that way so some wheeling up there would be fun
grandzj96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandzj96 View Post
Springfield is actually only abut 20-30 minutes away from me. I'm right between Worcester and springfield. And bluerubicon where does patriot jeepers mainly go? As in western mass, north shoe, cape...ect I'm looking for a club. And tusconzj the north shore is about 2 hours from me, but my girlfriend lives up that way so some wheeling up there would be fun
Pm me your number if u want ill let u know when their next run is. I'm about 60 from springfield so a little trip. Patriot guys seem to go to western mass.
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #13
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Most every club goes to the same places in Western MA and Southern NH. Not really anything east of 495.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Yes that's right. Patriot does not go to the cape.
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
Voodoo_Chile
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some clubs do have access to private land but as the others have said a club is the best way to learn the sport and get access. I'm with Baystate Jeepers and we go to western ma and all over NH. Baystatejeepers.com is our site and we have a decent forum. Jonfund is another club in the area and they have several private properties accessible thru them or as pay to play with a number clubs....
Voodoo_Chile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.