Jeep junkyards (frame hunting) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Jeep junkyards (frame hunting)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep junkyards (frame hunting)

Does anybody know of any junkyards that have a decent number of TJ's? My frame has seen better days and there seem to be none on craigslist. I know TJ's get stripped amazingly quick when (or even if) they show up in junkyards. Anybody have any advice?

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's a little bit of a hike where you'd be coming from, but maybe try calling Jeeps Unlimited in Providence, RI?
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm thanks for the tip. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a road trip if it meant getting a good frame
Unread 04-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Elias4WDCenter

97-02 frames will be hard to come by in this area. They rot out.

Sometimes, they can be saved with pieces from A.R.T. in RI.
Our tech, Dan, moonlighting as a hand model:

Stitched onto the frame:

Nearly finished repair:

The smart money is on a HD replacement frame, if you REALLY like your TJ. They are a lot stronger and heavier, and less prone to rust. Keywords: money; REALLY like.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

haha thanks for the heads up. I do like my tj, but the money part is a bit out of the question as im just a broke college student. I've checked out the ART frame repair sections, but for what I need it would cost around 800 dollars. Im moving towards welding in a completely new rear half. There seems to be less welding involved and IIRC I can use any year TJ frame because the changes were in the steering box mounting bolts and the skid plate (which I think I can figure out). Plus I've seen them come up at junk yards for a reasonable price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.