Jeep junkyards (frame hunting) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Massachusetts Jeep Forum > Jeep junkyards (frame hunting)

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep junkyards (frame hunting)

Does anybody know of any junkyards that have a decent number of TJ's? My frame has seen better days and there seem to be none on craigslist. I know TJ's get stripped amazingly quick when (or even if) they show up in junkyards. Anybody have any advice?

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's a little bit of a hike where you'd be coming from, but maybe try calling Jeeps Unlimited in Providence, RI?
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm thanks for the tip. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a road trip if it meant getting a good frame
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Elias4WDCenter

97-02 frames will be hard to come by in this area. They rot out.

Sometimes, they can be saved with pieces from A.R.T. in RI.
Our tech, Dan, moonlighting as a hand model:

Stitched onto the frame:

Nearly finished repair:

The smart money is on a HD replacement frame, if you REALLY like your TJ. They are a lot stronger and heavier, and less prone to rust. Keywords: money; REALLY like.
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

haha thanks for the heads up. I do like my tj, but the money part is a bit out of the question as im just a broke college student. I've checked out the ART frame repair sections, but for what I need it would cost around 800 dollars. Im moving towards welding in a completely new rear half. There seems to be less welding involved and IIRC I can use any year TJ frame because the changes were in the steering box mounting bolts and the skid plate (which I think I can figure out). Plus I've seen them come up at junk yards for a reasonable price.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.