Wharton State Forest Mid December Ride - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Wharton State Forest Mid December Ride

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #31
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

Very nice, if you could just email me at dolecki123@comcast.net and that goes for anyone coming on the 19. I think it would be better to have a list of cars and whoes coming before we venture out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeo02 View Post
Im in. Should have an FJ and a 1500 along for the ride if thats ok.

bjdstt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
shadyvito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdstt247 View Post
i invited a new land rover lr4, new silverado i belive, wrangler and of course my wj. More may come later. Do you have a map of the trails from the station? Is the private roads mark clearly and properly, i dont feel like getting a fine.
Nothing is posted good there. Stay on the main roads and off Jemima and 1/4 mile and everyone will be happy. There is nothing challenging there so don't expect anything tough. The main attraction is the mud puddles that form on the main roads. I wouldn't call it mud though, it's just deep water that will only f-up your truck (I'm replacing my third pulley in a yr and a half this week) but there are go arounds. If your looking for a nice relaxing ride through the woods you'll have a good time.
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #33
shadyvito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigX View Post
It was all stock. If it wasn't for those street tires, he would have made it.
No way, never. I wouldn't even take my truck through it.
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #34
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyvito View Post
No way, never. I wouldn't even take my truck through it.
I think you would have made it.

My POS did, but it clogged my rad, I lost my fan clutch and electric fan that trip though which was the cause of the overheating.
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #35
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

so this place isnt as it looks in the youtube videos or how i hear people talk about it? Shadyvito are you tagging along as well?
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #36
shadyvito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdstt247 View Post
so this place isnt as it looks in the youtube videos or how i hear people talk about it? Shadyvito are you tagging along as well?
Probably not. We got some local places near me that got some serious mud. I'm sick of the local only attitude at Wharton. Last two trips locals got a little mouthy and my tolerance is wearing thin, not to mention some of the eco-pricks on here that hijack the threads. I somehow got lumped in with the bushwackers and litterers. I'm in the same boat as Mudboy, I might not be 100% perfect but I do have respect for the park. I'm just not as patient with the eco-pricks as he is. I went through this crap in the 80's with Little Mill except there was no internet and a lot more fights.
I never get this muddy at Wharton:
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #37
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

are your places legal to go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyvito View Post
Probably not. We got some local places near me that got some serious mud. I'm sick of the local only attitude at Wharton. Last two trips locals got a little mouthy and my tolerance is wearing thin, not to mention some of the eco-pricks on here that hijack the threads. I somehow got lumped in with the bushwackers and litterers. I'm in the same boat as Mudboy, I might not be 100% perfect but I do have respect for the park. I'm just not as patient with the eco-pricks as he is. I went through this crap in the 80's with Little Mill except there was no internet and a lot more fights.
I never get this muddy at Wharton:
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #38
shadyvito

Most. At the illegal one, most authorities look the other way as long as it is only a couple people.
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #39
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I might dependent on if i pass emissions!
bmxer0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #40
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I might pass, and wait until things cool down at wharton.

Like shady said, dont add fuel to the fire.
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #41
jeg57
2002 WJ 

I might be in the poconoes, but if not ill go
jeg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #42
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Shady, there is mud in Wharton You just got to act like a nut to find it

My tranny fluid looked like thick chocolate milk...probably won't be able to get a picture as I was too pissed off at my Jeep to take another pic. I go to start it up to get the fresh tranny fluid to go through the gears AND.....nothing. Either my battery is bad or that mud did kill my starter. I had to give it a few persuasion taps after trying to go through that mud pit 4 times because it was just making noise.

Unread 11-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #43
nmitsu22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

we can always go to the other places Not wharton.were brian was overheating..the most aggravation we get there is an old man on a dirtbike.like shadyvito im also tired of these a$$holes highjacking all our posts..
nmitsu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #44
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #45
nmitsu22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

mud boy the trails by the road atco raceway is on are they legal to ride on.just asking cause im from lumberton and was going to see whats out that way when my jeep is back up and running
nmitsu22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.