Wharton State Forest Mid December Ride - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Wharton State Forest Mid December Ride

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

he should have known better when he put his front tires in that the depth was too much to handle... was it lifted?

bjdstt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It was all stock. If it wasn't for those street tires, he would have made it.
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

okay, i got dunlop radial rover a/t on it and in the near future getting the iro 3 in lift kit, how are the legal trails at wharton?
Unread 11-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The legal trails aren't bad. I'm sure if you even mention "Wharton" mudboy will chime in and give his peace of mind What is the largest vehicle that is attending?
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #20
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

i invited a new land rover lr4, new silverado i belive, wrangler and of course my wj. More may come later. Do you have a map of the trails from the station? Is the private roads mark clearly and properly, i dont feel like getting a fine.
Unread 11-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a map, sorry. In the group that usually goes out, we have a Dodge pickup on 44s and even some of the pits on the main trails are deep for it. Go through stuff slow and if it looks deep....it probably is.
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #22
nmitsu22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
I may be interested. Depending on if my Jeep is back together or not by then.
yeah i may be down if my header comes in from quadratec in time.Last wharton run cracked it in 2 places
nmitsu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
nikeo02
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Depending on the day, ill come along with two buddies. One has a lifted 1500 that works very well as a recovery vehicle. You know, just in case...
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #24
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigX View Post
The legal trails aren't bad. I'm sure if you even mention "Wharton" mudboy will chime in and give his peace of mind What is the largest vehicle that is attending?
Only reason I hop on people is because of their attitudes. As of right now there is not technically any trails that are illegal or legal(I wouldn't be caught in the 1/4 mile area though). All the rules state is "established trails". This is strictly up to the opinion of the state park police that you may or may not run into. Now if you go tearing into a fresh swamp then yeah you are looking at up to 10k in fines and also one step closer to closing Wharton down to vehicle access.
All I can say is I've been running around in Wharton for 29 years and not about to loose it due to people that are too much of ******* to stand up for what they believe in and just sit on the internet and whine about it. Common Sense is as much of a key player in wheeling as is lockers, boggers gears or whatever.
I dfon't even play by the rules 100%, everyone knows this, greenies, wheelers, hikers etc. They all know who I am and what I'm about, but at the same time I'm resonable and willing to compromise esp. now that I'm moving back to Atco and won't even have to touch pavement to be in Wharton.
If yall want some real mud and not some gay *** water hit me up some time.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #25
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I don't have a map, sorry. In the group that usually goes out, we have a Dodge pickup on 44s and even some of the pits on the main trails are deep for it. Go through stuff slow and if it looks deep....it probably is.
And if it's to deep straddle the ruts. Hence the reason I always state that 90-95% of Wharton is capable with a front wheel drive
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #26
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

[i think we decided on december 19, a sunday.

QUOTE=nikeo02;10535163]Depending on the day, ill come along with two buddies. One has a lifted 1500 that works very well as a recovery vehicle. You know, just in case...[/QUOTE]
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #27
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

mudboy i think we decided on december 19 to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Only reason I hop on people is because of their attitudes. As of right now there is not technically any trails that are illegal or legal(I wouldn't be caught in the 1/4 mile area though). All the rules state is "established trails". This is strictly up to the opinion of the state park police that you may or may not run into. Now if you go tearing into a fresh swamp then yeah you are looking at up to 10k in fines and also one step closer to closing Wharton down to vehicle access.
All I can say is I've been running around in Wharton for 29 years and not about to loose it due to people that are too much of ******* to stand up for what they believe in and just sit on the internet and whine about it. Common Sense is as much of a key player in wheeling as is lockers, boggers gears or whatever.
I dfon't even play by the rules 100%, everyone knows this, greenies, wheelers, hikers etc. They all know who I am and what I'm about, but at the same time I'm resonable and willing to compromise esp. now that I'm moving back to Atco and won't even have to touch pavement to be in Wharton.
If yall want some real mud and not some gay *** water hit me up some time.
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #28
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bj, if you weren't convinced by what I said about the breathers....I'll upload a pic of my tranny fluid after its done draining.
Unread 11-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #29
nikeo02
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im in. Should have an FJ and a 1500 along for the ride if thats ok.
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #30
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

i am convicnced, but now im looking for a place to do it for me or directions on how to do it myself.

Quote:
Bj, if you weren't convinced by what I said about the breathers....I'll upload a pic of my tranny fluid after its done draining.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.