Presque Isle! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Presque Isle!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Contracts all signed and we'll be on our way in a few weeks. Looking forward to the move~~~

1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, We are excited about this upcoming and eventual move here in the next few weeks. Need a little help in the Jeep area if you please. Could you help out with some Auto Part stores names? I will be rebuilding my D-44 and will need a few things. Anyway, See there is a TSC there along with a locally owned store. NAPA is there. Any inputs or should I rely mostly on Mail Order other than traveling to Bangor or Portland? Thanks.
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
MainleyMud
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry Mouse, but I'm not gonna be much help on this one. I have never ventured much beyond Bangor. Why are you re-building the 44? Damn things are mostly bullet proof. The last decent Jeep Dealer I'm familiar with is Charlies Jeep in Augusta. There may be a dealer further north, but after the whole bailout mess and Chrysler closing a load of dealerships, I'm not certain. I'm sure you can find a good shop in Presq;ue Isle, just ask some of the locals. 4x4 Groupbuy and Quadratec are my favorite mail order companies.
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #19
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I did see a Smaller Jeep dealership up there.... Really small in comparison to the Mega-Dealerships we have down here. Anyway, the D44 is actually fine. I believe I have a Unit Bearing headed south and Most Defiatly the Double Cardin is squawking now. So, after a quick look underneath... the seals on the rear drive shaft are dried out too. To make a long story short here. I just decided to get everything right. I'm the second owner of the LJ and everything looks to be original as equipped from the factory. Just looking for a good solid baseline for my knowledge of the vehicle. We are pretty much all packed now and waiting for a buyer to come along. My tools are all put up and I'm going nuts!
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

Percy's is the only Jeep dealership ANYWHERE!!!!!!! It sucks
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Update! Sold the house here and close on the 10th of May. Headed to Presque Isle shortly thereafter. Oooh Rhaaaa!
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been shopping for a New Rifle for my Maine outdoor activities. Any suggestions? Found a new M1A N.M.? What do you guys use? Looking foreward to some bird hunting also along with fishing.
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #23
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made it to Presque Isle. Just waiting on a home inspection and a July closing date.
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Maine is like no other place on earth. The people are as nice as Minnesotans, as smart as New Yorkers, as warm and caring as Vermonters, generally as inclusive as Californians, and as practical as, well, Mainers. That last part goes a long way to making the other parts work.

it will not be like Texas, but it's gonna be fun. Rock on.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #25
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You are so right! Only met one Ugly person so far.... it was a Black Bear out on a field and it wasn't talking. He was a bruiser too! Anyway, Folks are really nice here. Very small community. The Dodge dealer here has a Jeeper on their mechanical staff too!
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #26
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

House inspection failed..... Viewing another Lake Front tonight.
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #27
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Bummer, but better to find out now.

Good luck.
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks.... It's a bummer not have a garage to putter in or a home to call home.
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
theskidkid
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've lived in presqur isle my whole life, great town, with a great community. I have a 92 yj with a 5 inch lift on 33's it has a green military style paint job you may have seen around, for the past month it is in the garge getting new paint, i hope to see you around and maybe sometime we can go mudding out to burtlands
theskidkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskidkid View Post
I've lived in presqur isle my whole life, great town, with a great community. I have a 92 yj with a 5 inch lift on 33's it has a green military style paint job you may have seen around, for the past month it is in the garge getting new paint, i hope to see you around and maybe sometime we can go mudding out to burtlands
Sounds like a plan. Still need to get the U-Joints done yet. Did manage to do a little off roading behind Hanson Lake looking at a vacant property back there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.