Presque Isle! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Presque Isle!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Presque Isle!

Looks like We'll be moving to Presque Isle soon! Into Hunting, Fishing and outdoor activities. Hopefully be there after the snow is gone but, you never know. Looking for a house along the water.

1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Hubie
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HouseMouse View Post
Looks like We'll be moving to Presque Isle soon! Into Hunting, Fishing and outdoor activities. Hopefully be there after the snow is gone but, you never know. Looking for a house along the water.
geez! Texas to Presque Isle? You work for the Government or something?

there are several good online realtors. Google "Northern Maine Real Estate". I'm in Southern Maine, have been for 25 years and never been to Presque Isle!

Good luck with the move. Our Club is Maine4x4.org
Hubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Geez is exactly right! It's a long haul. There is exactly no one correct reason other than there are many. Texas is a wonderful state. No doubt about it. Years ago I was headed there to retire when the Big "C" got me. I have just been given a clean bill on it and a Green light to go! Going to take a shot at it now. Wife has a line on an Excellent job there. I'm a House-Mouse now and support her as best as I can. We will be closer to family also. The Excessive Heat this summer down here was brutal. Looking foreward to a fireplace instead of a Place of fire so to speak.
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Hubie
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds good House Mouse!

It never gets that hot here. Eva! or ever as most people not from Maine say.

Good luck on the house hunt and the move. Hit me up if you need anything I can help with.

BTW, where is Garden Ridge? I was stationed in Beeville Texas for three years when I first Joined the Navy. I still work for the Navy and spend quite a bit of time traveling to Brownsville for work.
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

GhaaDen Ridge (Boston Accent) is just North of San Antonio and West of Schertz. We have been up in Maine at least 5X's looking at areas to replant roots until "It" hit me. Got the word today.... "ALL" Expense paid trip for the both of us to have a Face-to-Face interview for the job! Wow! Should be going in the next two weeks. Looking foreward to new Friends, Food, Outdoor Activities, Hunting, Fishing, Wing Shooting....... Wife is Giddy about it also.
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We are good to Go! Headed to Presque Isle week after next for the Wife's job interview and area search.
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Hubie
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck Brother. Come join Maine4x4.org. We have a great club and do some rides/runs in central Maine as well.
Unread 01-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #8
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Maine4x4 is on my MUST Do list now. Let's have a show of hands.... Any JF members in or around Presque Isle? How about just plain Jeep drivers? Here is the latest photo of my LJ.
p1010263.jpg  
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Hubie
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Very Nice HM. is that a Warn on the front bumper?

My Smittybuilt 8K just arrive via UPS. 91 pounds, poor UPS man....
Unread 01-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
Very Nice HM. is that a Warn on the front bumper?

My Smittybuilt 8K just arrive via UPS. 91 pounds, poor UPS man....
Sure is... WARN 8274-50 and Factory Fresh. AMAZON Was shutting down their Distribution Warehouse here in Texas..... Guess I timed it just right and couldn't turn it down. Shipped overnight for FREE also. Mounting plate was a normal priced purchase although. Nearly killed the UPS guy upon delivery. Didn't help with my 300' drive also. Total weight is 134LBS. Front end dipped 1/2" only.
p1010265.jpg  
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ahhh, Decisions-Decisions. Airline tickets to Presque Isle arrived today and so did a new Job Prospect in New Hampshire with the Company!
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
MainleyMud
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HouseMouse View Post
Ahhh, Decisions-Decisions. Airline tickets to Presque Isle arrived today and so did a new Job Prospect in New Hampshire with the Company!
Don't know if it helps, but NH is TAX FREE! And not a real long drive to Maine.
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #13
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Flying into Presque Isle tomorrow...... GESO-Pete it's cold up there! Anyway, it beats the heat we had this past summer I would think.
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
her99jeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Be prepared for some cold cold temps. I've been vacationing up there my whole life. Northern Maine is beautiful, but cold. I recall snowmobiling on a clear sunny day, a wopping -20 degrees. No joke. The winters are long, the snow gets deep, and that cold wind won't quit.

That said summer is great. Lots of out door activities. If you dont have an atv, start searching. Great riding up there, the best i've seen. People are super nice, and you won't find any traffic jambs.

Good Luck.
her99jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We're Back! Geso-Pete! What a beautiful city! Every building was in good repair and the Houses were in exactly the same condition from what I could view. Lots of modern stores (Lowes, Ruby Tuesday, Ford, Jeep, Case) you get my point. It was 15-19 out for the most part. I drove in the Snow storm on Friday. First time for that in over 20 years. It all came back after I power slid into the back of a delivery truck nearly hitting it. Anyway, another memory. We had a wonderful time. Check out the hotel on Main street. Excellent service bar none. Everyone we met or ran into were very friendly and open to outsiders so to speak. Didn't see any Negative elements walking about or signs there of. Seems to be a lot of interest in outdoor activities including Hunting, Fishing, ATV's, Snow Mobiling, and snow skiing. Visited the Gun trading shop. Very Friendly folks in there also.

Now for the Jeeps... I saw maybe 6-8 Wranglers. Three of which had snow plows mounted. They seemed to be mounted on the stock suspension and didn't have any problem with the additional weight as far as I could tell. Didn't see any Winch's mounted. One had a lift kit and larger tires. All were TJ's except for a JK.
p1010279.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.