Power line trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Power line trails?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

Power line trails?

Anyone know what happens if you are caught on a power line trail? Tons of work going on with the expansion making for quick easy trails for my stock wrangler. Gets my fix in until I can wheel with the big boys (and get a few payments in before I brake something)

mummaG_207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If its not legal, don't do it regardless of consequences. Very bad for the sport. Why do you think we have such limited options here in the Northeast?
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think options are limited in populated area due to abuse....I know I ca use logging roads up north for sure! Can't wait to hit stud mil rd!
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

No signs posted so unsure if legal.
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
rittalld442

I've been up a couple of the roads in my WK. In Monmouth, w. Gardiner area. No cops around there and some fun hills.
rittalld442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm stock so not expecting to tear anything up.....heard an all wheel place to go to in Greene. $10pp and 400 acres....gonna check it out....and look for more aggressive tires
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
rittalld442

I'm stock too. And the off road park is pretty sweet. Just make sure you put your ten dollars in the box. A buddy of me me didn't and when he got stuck. The owner told him to find his own way out.
rittalld442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
crossbowme
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am the President of the local ATV/snowmobile club and I can positively tell you that it is illegal to run your Jeep on the CMP power line. There are exceptions to that rule for:

1. Clubs that have approved plans and trails
2. Farmers who have written permission to graze their live stock and travel
3. Other activities approved in writing by CMP

Additionally, when the ATV/snowmobile trails are built and maintained by the clubs using State money (almost all are) those are also restricted by law.

It's not that people hate 4X4's. In fact, I have a mudder but I take it to approved trails. It is just the fact that people destroy trails, bridges, floating trails with their rigs. I have helped build a bridge on one Saturday and returned the next Saturday to find it destroyed!

Now we post cameras and turn the pictures over to the Warden Service and State Police. If you really want to be a good neighbor and help the 4X4 community, use approved ares.
crossbowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the education and confirmation I've had sleds and knew that trails were off limits to 4x4s due to the chance of being torn up and thus losing permission to use the land. Did not know that some trails are approved for ATVs. I plan to stick to the 4x4 and sleds myself I'll stay away from the power lines . Plan to try the green off road park and get up north to logging roads. I also want to join a club. Is your club in the Lewiston area?
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #10
furcifer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummaG_207 View Post
Anyone know what happens if you are caught on a power line trail? Tons of work going on with the expansion making for quick easy trails for my stock wrangler. Gets my fix in until I can wheel with the big boys (and get a few payments in before I brake something)
I went out for breakfast with a few MMP guys the other day and a couple of wardens showed up and I asked the same question, I was informed that:
1. First Offense - $500
2. Each Consecutive - $750
furcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
crossbowme
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You're vehicle can be confiscated if there's environmental damage.

Last edited by crossbowme; 04-06-2014 at 01:00 PM..
crossbowme is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.