Off road Parks in Maine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Off road Parks in Maine

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Pontiacman
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Off road Parks in Maine

Rocky Mountain Terrain Park and All Wheels; Anybody go to either of these places in Maine ?
I will be in the area 7/10 Saturday and would like to try out something not too difficult.

Mine:2003 TJ Rubicon Flame red, 5 speed, 4.88 gears, rear Detriot locker, RE 3.5" SF, 1" BL, 1" ML, MT/Rs 35" x 12.5 on Soft 8s, PSC Rocker Knockers, Warn 8274, Warn 620 flood lights, GP Fab rear bumper / tire carrier, MCE 4.5" fenders
Hers:2009 Wrangler X six speed soft top, one option = AC, Rubicon Tires and wheels

Last edited by Pontiacman; 06-22-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Pontiacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

If you go please post up a report w/ pictures.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
Osmosiz
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Allwheels is pretty cool, lot of mud and stump crawling through the woods, so many trails.. some good stuff, not a ton of rock play though. its def a weekend trip, could easily wheel there and camp..

The best around is Mount Pleasant in rockport maine, its got light mud a couple good holes, but a ton of rock crawling. its a mountain so you get to the top, eat lunch and hang, then go down a diff way.. its a perfect day trip

Also right near Rockport maine is Burkettville maine, a small town with a huge wheeling following. a lot of power lines with good stuff to offer . a lot of mud, tons of fun. and there is a local rock crawling course with a ton to offer, from extreme stuff to moderate, a couple fun easy shoots as well.

on top of that, there is a lot of local wheelin in the area of appleton maine, ive seena lot of people buy land and turn it into trails, a lot of mud and technical woods crawling.. over stumps and rocks... you know.

will work for jeep parts
Osmosiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was at Rocky Mountain Terrain Park about two weeks ago. It has pretty basic camping with food available at the kitchen. Open to all manner of motorized offroad vehicles. One of the local clubs had a short competition course set up on Saturday while I was there which was kind of cool. It was brutally muddy. Vehicles were getting stuck on the road in to the park. They have a couple mud pits and some serious rock piles for the buggies. Trails tended to mix of rock, mud, wet dirt, etc. Had a good time.
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
ReMike
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Powerlines are illegal to all motorized vehicles in state of me, I have a good selection of vids from allwheels on my youtube, www.youtube.com/18remike35
ReMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
duXJeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

^good to know
duXJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
rwlbjr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Tell me more about Mount Pleasant in rockport? I looked for it on google but didn't find much. I've been to RMTP and it was a little too much... but of all the rigs I went with, mine was the most stock.
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

To elaborate on the powerline riding a bit. Not only can you face criminal charges of criminal trespass and criminal mischief but you can also face restitution charges by the utility company who owns and manages the transmission corridor. A simple restoration to a significant natural resource such as a wetland area or vernal pool can easily exceed $6000 with more serious restoration activities approaching the 15-20k mark.
I work as an an environmental consultant to one of the states largest utility companies and see this all the time.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

No Stretch TJ Build For The Wife
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
ReMike
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not to mention if your feeling a little froggy and get into a good rut and make it deeper there's a risk of hitting a gas linec there not under the ground that deep
ReMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMike View Post
Powerlines are illegal to all motorized vehicles in state of me . . .
What if the powerline is a ROW on somebodies private property? With permission from the landowner it should be cool. It is in MA.
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #11
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilViper95 View Post
vernal pool
= amoeba habitat?
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #12
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

And besides, mud is for retards anyways . . . .
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
Dezdon
2002 WJ 

"Powerlines are illegal to all motorized vehicles in state of me" Im wondering about this, I see marked snowmobile trails heading along them in the Lakes region. On the 117 between Bridgton and Harrison, the pole line trails so used that the asphalts darker on the highway from the machines crossing there.
Unread 10-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The utility owner is the one who decides what use they want to allow. There is some requirement that the corridors be available for recreational use. They can however limit the type of recreation they allow. Since many offroaders have no respect for the land owners many of the utilities I work with have shut down all access to all automobile traffic.
Snowmobile clubs can get permission for trails from the owner of the Utility. During construction times the right to use these trails is suspended. I had to deal with a lot of trail closures due to the MPRP project last winter.

If a landowner has given a ROW to the utility company there are still various restrictions on how they can use that land afterward. The utility contracts for purchasing ROW are very specific and give the utility most of the same rights to work the land as if they actually owned it in fee.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

No Stretch TJ Build For The Wife
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
Dezdon
2002 WJ 

Great info Lilviper95. This makes alot of sense. Especially automobile traffic vs snowmachines. It is a damn shame one bad apple can spoil it all for the rest of us.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.