Maine Skiing Free? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Maine Skiing Free?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Wimmers
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Maine Skiing Free?

This is my first Winter in Maine. My friend swears that a ski resort in Maine offers free ski passes if you arrive in a Jeep. Anyone ever hear of this? I've been googling for hours and don't see anything.

thanks.

Wimmers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If this is true, i would love to know as well. Free skiing would make me drive up there almost every weekend...hahahaha
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Holm-z

1998 TJ Wrangler 

no, you have to check with the ski areas. They have a Jeep Day, you show them your valid registration and either discount or free ticket... Mt. Sunapee in NH does this a couple times a year and the tickets are like $25 bucks

Monstaliner, CB Radio, Driving/Fog/Rock/Reverse lights

My build thread, work in progress...

I understand.

IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
hockey369
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thats still a pretty sweet deal just for owning a jeep!
01 TJ Sahara, RE BB w/ Skyjacker Hydro Shocks, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp Mud Terrains on Soft 8s, Rampage Frameless Top, A to Z Rocker Guards, JKS Quicker Disconnects, KC Windshield Long Range Lights, UCF Engine Skid, UCF UHC Transmission Skid
My other toys:
04 Harley V-Rod
99 Yamaha GP1200 (For Sale)
hockey369 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
th3_d0c
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Your friend is thinking of Jeep Appreciation Days:
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/cs/funs..._jeep_days.htm

They had them for a couple of years and they were awesome! Basically like 10-12 different mountains throughout New England would have a day where if you were the first 1000 Jeeps, you got a free ticket for you and your Co-driver.

They haven't had them for years though.
th3_d0c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
theskier74
2001 WJ 

Wildcat used to do it like 3-5 years ago because it was the "official vehicle"...arrive in a Jeep and you get major discounts
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Wimmers
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Damn. Sounds like the deal is a thing of the past. The Way Life Used To Be.
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
nowickyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats to great! I love maine
2005 Rubicon Jks discos 3.5 Rubicon Express superflex homebrew adj. uppers, Tom Woods driveshaft 1" BL , nitros, KC daylighters, XRC8, 35s KM2's, soft 8's custom bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff....
nowickyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Wimmers
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I am livin and learnin....

Not Jeep related, but Black Mountain near Rumford has free skiing Friday nights.

http://www.skiblackmountain.org/calendar.html
Unread 05-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #10
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

I known Mars Hill usually has a free night ski on Weds or Thursday, basically a store etc sponsors it and you ski free
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Jollydodger

Saw this on Lee Autos site, they are a Jeep dealer:

The snow hasn't flown and the mountains are bare, but that doesn't mean we aren't already thinking about ski season.

So mark your calendars, skiers: Lee Auto Malls is hosting a "Ski Free With Lee" event at Lost Valley Ski Area in Auburn on Friday, Jan. 13. We're opening the slopes to everyone for a free night of skiing and snowboarding.

If you run into some bad luck and can't make it on the 13th, don't worry: We'll be hosting another free skiing night on Feb. 10.

Thanks to our friends at Lost Valley for working with us to make this event happen. Don't miss your chance to "Ski Free With Lee" and keep an eye on the Lee Auto Malls Facebook page for more details.
Jollydodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.