Maine Jeepers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Maine Jeepers

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #31
gschris
2004 WJ 

the wheeling footage on northwoods law the other night was all from allwheels.. we have been there three or four times, its a great place to wheel, and it's always a good time.. there are lots of trails and obsticals..

Unread 11-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #32
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome that's good to hear. I'll have to get some buddies together and check it out.

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
Markr
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I also have been there many times. Definitely a good time and worth the trip.
Markr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #34
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. I've finally gotten the jeep to a place where I feel comfortable starting to wheel it so I've got to start getting after it

Unread 04-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #35
ChaseO
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There are some good places to explore way up here in the great north! If you go up past Fort Kent you can get into the "great north woods" and check out a bunch of deep woods. Also, you can get from Moosehead Lake in Greenville all the way to Aroostook county via the Golden Road...
ChaseO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #36
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

As of Monday, 6/23/14 All Wheels has been shut down by the city of Lewiston, claiming he's running a business without a permit, which they wouldn't give him in the first place.
They told him to set it up and take donations and he'd be all set without the permit.
I have no Idea how long he will be shut down, though he is appealing the shut down order.
This is a huge blow to the 4 wheeling community in the lower half of the state.
We have so many NIMBY's here, that there is simply no place to wheel legally unless you drive 6 hours to go up north.
Unread 06-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #37
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That whole story makes me mad. Maine doesn't have a ton in the way of wheeling as it is and to shut down one of the best things that area had going for it is so aggravating.

Unread 06-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #38
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Please go here to sign the petition to help keep All Wheels open!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/k...-off-road-open

Your electronic signature could help save a vital asset to the Maine wheeling scene!!
Unread 06-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #39
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Signed!

Unread 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #40
medijeep

1999 TJ Wrangler 

signed!

I wonder and am hopeful that Don has considered making it a "campground" One that obviously has 'camp spots' that are difficult to get to. Yes, there are permits that need to be obtained, but it would be much easier than opening an Off-Road Park. And he could charge a little more too.

Parks like Rausch Creek go the "Membership" route. That too could be a possibility.

Unfortunately there are wetlands on the property and we all know how the powers that be get there panties in a bunch anytime some muddy water runs down into an already muddy swamp.

I know the Maine4x4 and PV4WD clubs have made donations to help out Don. As well, Del Albright and some other National 'fight for land access' group is offering suppport. All help is appreciated.
medijeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #41
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Town meeting is tonight.
Hopefully his appeal will work.

Don has considered both the camping and the membership scenarios, though I'm unaware of anything coming of either.

M4x4 & PV4 both made group donations.
I can think of roughly 20 M4x4 members who donated personally.
Every bit helps.
We'll see what happens at his appeal hearing....
Unread 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #42
KJC95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Signed the petition and hope the meeting goes well for him, I just moved to Maine last year and was hoping check that place out. I want to find some places to take my Jeep out around here, People have told me about Mt. Waldo but I don't know what that trail is like or if it is just like a dirt road, and of course there's always logging roads. I've been down some cool dirt roads around Baxter state park too that's a nice area.
KJC95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #43
medijeep

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mt. Waldo down near Frankfurt has been closed to vehicle traffic for 2-3 yrs. The road used to cross the border of blueberry fields and the owner there of got bent out of shape about something. I never saw anything misused, but I heard that family began harrassing 4-wheel drives to the point confrontations were becoming violent.

Best bet is to join one of the Jeep clubs in Maine and ride with them.
medijeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #44
KJC95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh wow, that sucks, I would have liked to go up there since its like 10 minutes from my house. I have checked out the Penobscot vally 4x4 club website, was thinking about contacting them about joining once my jeep is ready.
KJC95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #45
Jollydodger

Good club.
Jollydodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.