Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Maine Jeepers

19K views 72 replies 25 participants last post by  gschris 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm a long time jeep owner..since 2000 when I met my wife and she came with one :D
I recently looked into trading it in and getting a newer model and decided that I would rather drop that $200mo into fixing up the one I have and making a cool jeep.
In the 10 years I've had it, very little has been done and it's basically stock. I'd love to get to know some local jeepers and learn a few things.
I'm coming from the Adventure motorcycle end so jeeping is a whole new realm

I figured also that like the website I frequent often advrider.com this thread could be used for local chat with maine jeepers

#63 ·
Anyone know of any trails in my neck of the woods? Most of what I wheel is my own land and there isn't much mud. I use to mud in the southern part of that state but moved up here for cheap property and land prices. Lots of logging roads and power lines. But I haven't seen official trails...

#64 ·
Couple years ago we went out thru bottle lake to unknown to nicatous then back to Lincoln and that was super nice....just nice dirt roads and not a lot of traffic, mostly UTVs. Lots of places to stop for a dip along the way

Yes I realize this is 1.5 years old lol

#65 ·
Couple years ago we went out thru bottle lake to unknown to nicatous then back to Lincoln and that was super nice....just nice dirt roads and not a lot of traffic, mostly UTVs. Lots of places to stop for a dip along the way

Yes I realize this is 1.5 years old lol

Also off the Lincoln exit you can take dirt roads up to millinocket, or some 4x4 trails thru to sebois out by howland.....we go the howland way to south branch lake as the Lincoln route is a lot rougher

#67 ·
Also down near Milford above old town the stud mill road is a great place to venture that goes to rt9 from rt2 or to woodland with tons of side roads lots of state camping and lakes but you definitely want a good map out that way I've only followed the power lines to the pipeline pump station out there for work tho no free time wandering

#72 ·
Most of it is actually paper company land and their rules are simple. If the gates are closed stay out. If they are open you may proceed. They usually close gates in the spring until the ground dries in order to keep the mudders from tearing it up. In the winter if it's plowed it's ok if not then stay off it and leave it for the snowmobiles lol.

#73 ·
we did the route up to burlington through nicataus a few years back..by accident.. it was a great ride though.. now i have Delorme Topo usa on a netbook so we don't get lost again.. I am thinking of going with a new GPS that uses my Ipad if anyone wants to buy my delorme set up.. $100 takes the whole deal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.