Maine? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Maine?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #46
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by armybessey View Post
Hey there from the booming metropolis known as Wilton. I'm all over from Wilton to Belgrade to Westbrook. Good to see others on here.
Cool! A Franklin County Jeeper! I live in Jay, tho my Jeep is stock because I just bought it. Have you ever been down to Livermore on the Strickland Ferry Road? Its basically flat but is still pretty fun, I think its an old logging road, because there are a couple logging trails off it. Other than that, I don't know of many good places, tho I have been wanting to go over to spruce mt and climb the ski hill haha.

4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #47
agentr855
1995 YJ Wrangler 

any waterboro jeepers?
agentr855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #48
looshfoo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

well, just got the jeep back from having the transmission redone. got it back, 2 days ago i think. hadnt had time to go anywhere. this morning i dropped my girlfriend off at work and figured, what the hell, and went for my uncles old woods road. half way through i start hearing some loud clanking noise and i couldnt think of what it was, so i got out and walked around and it looked fine. started going again and kept hearing it, so i parked it on a rock with the front driver side tire raised up and walked around again. found the culprit..a broken swaybar linkarm on the passenger side. my mechanic loves showin' me these bills latley.
looshfoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #49
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks!
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #50
Thom_Keith
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Checkin' in from Maine -- just joined. With all the development in southern Maine, I'm not sure how much usable area still exists. :_(
Thom_Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #51
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

From Hampden right here, just bought my TJ the other day.
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #52
robbyb413
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thought I'd pop in and say "hi". Just got a TJ, joined up here...work in Boston but Friday to Sunday I live in Portland (gotta be where the baby boy is!). I'm a total noob to the Jeep world, hope to come up to speed quickly.
robbyb413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #53
Thom_Keith
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXCarson92 View Post
From Hampden right here, just bought my TJ the other day.
You should be able to find some nice spots up there. My buddy used to live in Winterport, and that place is a maze of trails (though, mostly sled trails).
Thom_Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #54
TJoshX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the Portland/Auburn Area frequently. If anyone is ever going out for a trip shoot me a PM. I'm still a noobie to off roading and would love some company. I've gone off on my own a bit this summer but you can only attempt so much with no which or any buddies with you. I checked out All Wheels in Lewiston about 2 weeks ago, that was a great time.

Cheers,

Josh

2002 Inline 6 TJ-X 4.0, D30/D35 w.4:56s
2inch BDS Full Coil Suspension, Incubus 511 Rims, 33inch Mickey Thompson ATZ, Bestop HighRock Front (w/Stainless Grill Guard) and Rear Bumper, KC SlimLites, Custom "TJ" Tail Light Covers

When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of! : )
TJoshX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #55
tyler711
2002 WJ 

www.maine4x4.org is a great local club. I just went on my first real ride yesterday and it was incredible. The goal of the club is finding legal places to ride with friendly people, exactly what I was looking for.
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #56
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler711 View Post
www.maine4x4.org is a great local club. I just went on my first real ride yesterday and it was incredible. The goal of the club is finding legal places to ride with friendly people, exactly what I was looking for.
That one and midcoastjeep.com. Both clubs share a lot of members and between the two clubs there is usually something going on most every weekend.
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #57
gradysjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
That one and midcoastjeep.com. Both clubs share a lot of members and between the two clubs there is usually something going on most every weekend.
+1 There is a run coming up on the 24th. You can read about it on either of those sites. We just had one this past weekend as well.
gradysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #58
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Oh yeah, I'm up further north than most of midcoast's runs.

I had a great time last weekend with maine4x4 -- my first real trail. I had a blast, got to travel up some severe washouts and even found myself in a mudhole (which wasn't on purpose, I was avoiding the deep holes due to lack of skid plates).

When I got back, the 7-pin trailer connector was full of mud -- and four live worms.
Unread 09-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #59
hvaclu3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

anybody in the southern maine area? Id like to get into a club.
34x9.5 Superswamper TSL's
35 inch Mudkings, Reese Hitch with D-ring
hvaclu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #60
thich
1982 CJ7 

Portland...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.