Maine? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Maine?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #31
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Hey, I just sent out a few PM's looking for places to wheel around here. I'm working at UMO right now, i go to school there as well. Did this trip to Stud Mill ever turn into something?

Unread 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #32
looshfoo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i'm kind of a new jeeper.. had my jeep for little over a year. not much done to it right now except new tires. plan on having a 400ci smallblock swapped into it over the summer, 6.6L baby! really busy working to pay for that. very little time for trails. i'm pretty sure i've seen some of you riding around bangor before. my girlfriend lives right on union st past hannaford so i go through there a lot.. see quite a few jeeps. never imagined some of them mightve been on here!
looshfoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #33
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by looshfoo View Post
i'm kind of a new jeeper.. had my jeep for little over a year. not much done to it right now except new tires. plan on having a 400ci smallblock swapped into it over the summer, 6.6L baby! really busy working to pay for that. very little time for trails. i'm pretty sure i've seen some of you riding around bangor before. my girlfriend lives right on union st past hannaford so i go through there a lot.. see quite a few jeeps. never imagined some of them mightve been on here!
I live about 5 minutes from your girlfriend then.

I'm still looking for places to ride and people to ride with. Good luck with that engine swap!
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #34
looshfoo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i've probably seen (and waved!) to you then. i'm commonly seen riding down union st or around hermon village. we should meet up sometime and go trailing down around etna pond in carmel. i go there a bit sometimes after it rains. i'm riding around in a little green wrangler. you can tell me apart by my back door. ITS BENT IN. i backed into a pole on hammond street picking up flowers for my girlfriend...i felt really dumb that day.
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #35
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Quote:
i've probably seen (and waved!) to you then. i'm commonly seen riding down union st or around hermon village. we should meet up sometime and go trailing down around etna pond in carmel. i go there a bit sometimes after it rains. i'm riding around in a little green wrangler. you can tell me apart by my back door. ITS BENT IN. i backed into a pole on hammond street picking up flowers for my girlfriend...i felt really dumb that day.
alright, well I'm graphite metallic, wave to me and I'll look for you.

Is that legal around there? Seeing all my fourwheeler trails get closed, I really do not want to be a part of the cause. If it is I'd definitely like to go with you.

I live just over the line in hermon, between ohio and union. I work at UMO every day, but I've been taking Forest Ave through Glenburn. Nice ride but that road is just killer.

Ever checked out stud mill road? I still haven't figured out if it's legal yet.
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #36
looshfoo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

etna pond isnt open to public access but i have permission to. my uncle has ties with all the land owners out there and i'm allowed to fly through the mud holes and such out there. not a lot of mud, but loads of water (some of the spots have water up to 3ft deep at times). i hear theres a few trails on stud mill rd thats open to public, but personally i don't know. a friend of mine with a 99 sport takes his jeep up there (hes got rubi tires on it) and takes a few trails out there. we'll have to try that glenburn one sometime, i havnt been out there much. i just got out of school for the summer and plan on doing loads of work to the wrangler.
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #37
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Quote:
etna pond isnt open to public access but i have permission to. my uncle has ties with all the land owners out there and i'm allowed to fly through the mud holes and such out there. not a lot of mud, but loads of water (some of the spots have water up to 3ft deep at times). i hear theres a few trails on stud mill rd thats open to public, but personally i don't know. a friend of mine with a 99 sport takes his jeep up there (hes got rubi tires on it) and takes a few trails out there. we'll have to try that glenburn one sometime, i havnt been out there much. i just got out of school for the summer and plan on doing loads of work to the wrangler.
sending you a pm...
Unread 06-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #38
Fearlessfredd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys the studmill and the surrounding land is all private but almost all of it is open to wheeling.....tons of exploring. I am always looking for new spots to go. I live in Orland and there a few small spots out here. Waldo mountain in Frankfort is a good one to. Problem is all the trails around here are short. I just talked to a friend that said there are some good trails up around Glenburn and up in Charleston too. When I find out more I will post.
Fearlessfredd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #39
looshfoo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

let us know up on the glenburn one. hermon over here isnt too far away from there!
Unread 06-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #40
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Yep, I actually live in Hermon now as well.

I went fourwheeling (ATV) yesterday out the Airline, unloaded at the diner and rode to Deer lake. Lots of trails, and it seems there's some pretty stable traffic on all the logging roads off of Stud Mill Road (I was out by amherst/aurora).

A few times it was pretty funny -- I'd be in the middle of nowhere, hadn't seen a soul, nor sign of people, for 25 miles, then I'd round a corner and be facing a Civic or something on one of the logging roads.
Unread 06-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #41
Fearlessfredd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I was out around bucksport area the over to frankfort then over to monroe area.....did some jeepin this past Sunday. My friend and I are going out hopefully next weekend to check out Glenburn and Charleston.

Hey tyler711 how dusty was it? Last time I was by the snackbar month ago wast bad but man its been dry
Fearlessfredd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:36 AM   #42
tyler711
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlessfredd View Post
I was out around bucksport area the over to frankfort then over to monroe area.....did some jeepin this past Sunday. My friend and I are going out hopefully next weekend to check out Glenburn and Charleston.

Hey tyler711 how dusty was it? Last time I was by the snackbar month ago wast bad but man its been dry
It was pretty dusty. i think once it gets above a certain point (ie goggles are mandatory) you can't really tell anymore, and it was above that point .
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #43
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Checking in from Kennebec County The only club I know of is Midcoast Jeep/ORV. They are having a thing at Allwheels in Lewiston on Saturday (June 28) and possibly Sunday... Not sure, Mecompco would know far better than I...
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #44
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
Checking in from Kennebec County The only club I know of is Midcoast Jeep/ORV. They are having a thing at Allwheels in Lewiston on Saturday (June 28) and possibly Sunday... Not sure, Mecompco would know far better than I...
Oops--missed this post. Yes, we (www.midcoastjeep.com and www.maine4x4.com) had a "Wheelin' 101" tech session at All Wheels with wheelin' afterwards. Minor carnage ensued, caused mostly by "Cadillac Hole".

The club (Mid Coast Jeep 'n' ORV) is headed up to Rangeley this weekend for a wheelin'/camping trip. We're meeting at the Rangeley IGA around 6:00 PM today (Friday the 4th). Those that want will be camping tonight and Saturday night--heading home Sunday afternoon. Everyone welcome!

www.midcoastjeep.com
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #45
armybessey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey there from the booming metropolis known as Wilton. I'm all over from Wilton to Belgrade to Westbrook. Good to see others on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.