Maine? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Maine?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Nighttrain2004
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Maine?

Where are the people from Maine? is there even a club here? Anyone?

Nighttrain2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
Nighttrain2004
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OMG! .....wierd......no one in Maine is a Jeep fan......OMG! ......I feel so......all alone......
Unread 02-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
rob5059MOD

2007 JK Wrangler 

Who would want to live in Maine????? Just kidding.

NEWJO has a group in main.

SOLD 06 Wrangler Unlimited Khaki, Congo Cage, D30 w/Aussie & D44 w/ Limited slip and 3.73 gears, 231HD transfer case with 2LOW and JB Conversions SYE with a Tom Woods DS. LIFT: Full Traction 4" Ultimate lift and JKS BL, Brown Dog MML. SKIDS: Jeep Medic TT and Oil Pan, Warn Gas Tank, and Rusty's Steering Box & Radiator. STEERING: ZJ steering, and PCS Steering Box. Running on 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. And to ruin the look, I added Warn 6" flares to keep it legal.
rob5059MOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Nighttrain2004
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks Rob!

Actually we decided to be spontainious and after I leave work at noon we have decided on a road trip to check out Adventutre suites in North Conway. We will be comming in on 302 from Freyburge - Any Must see's for Jeepers around that area? Heard anything about Adventure suites?
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
thich
1982 CJ7 

Im a Jeep noob in Portland. i started to wheel two years ago in my Taco. i wrecked that last year, and i just bought a CJ7 to play with. its not road worthy yet, but it should be by next winter. from what i understand most of the trails around here are on private land. if you become a member of a local group they will most likely let you ride with them. since most of the people who own the trail land are wheelers too, gaining access is just a matter of who you know. being a nice and considerate person helps too.
Unread 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
gradysjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey there are plenty of us in Maine. I see you found Midcoastjeep
gradysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #7
mmasuperman12
1998 XJ Cherokee 

im here from maine...but am selling the jeep so i am hardly on here ever
Jeep drivers who dig Country Music member #12

1998 XJ - beginning the revival.
mmasuperman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Nighttrain2004
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Grady I think Mid Coast is awesome! I do wish it was a bit more active but not everyone can be posting all day at work like me!

Oh well looking forward to meeting up at the next meeting! You going?
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #9
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighttrain2004 View Post
Yeah Grady I think Mid Coast is awesome! I do wish it was a bit more active but not everyone can be posting all day at work like me!

Well, if you want an active forum, here and NAXJA are the answer. If you want to 'wheel, I think once spring hits you'll get all you want with Mid Coast. I only joined last fall and we were going out pretty much every weekend until the snow got too deep.

See ya' at the meeting!
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
gradysjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighttrain2004 View Post

Yes I plan on coming to the next meeting in march. I say planning because one never knows what might come up but I definately hope to be there. Hopefully I'll have my jeep on the road again for the first time in over a month next week.
Unread 02-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #11
jeepguy1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey everyone,, Chris from Maine, i just traded my 98 TJ for a new JK unlimited, (stock for now) and would like to do some wheeling. Where does everyone go wheeling with their jeeps.

Let me know

Thanks
jeepguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
gradysjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Allwheels offroad park in Lewiston is the most notorious place right now I know of in Maine for wheeling, but there are endless dirtroads esp up north to explore.
Unread 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
onlyjeepin'

i guess i outta chime in for maine. i live in saco but im goin to school in orono. studmill road is a great place to explore if your in the orono area

[COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #421[/COLOR]
onlyjeepin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #14
jeepguy1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjeepin' View Post
i guess i outta chime in for maine. i live in saco but im goin to school in orono. studmill road is a great place to explore if your in the orono area
I live in Bangor, I have been out to the studmill road before. Not a bad place. Also Chic hill in clifton is pretty good. Let me know if you want to go wheelin. I would be up for it.

Chris
jeepguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Do It xj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hey i live on the county rd. the one you take to go to the stud mill rd. there is pleanty of places to wheel down there
Do It xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.