Anyone interested in a "Jeep Weekend" event? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maine Jeep Forum > Anyone interested in a "Jeep Weekend" event?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
AndThereIWas
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone interested in a "Jeep Weekend" event?

Here in the Lakes Region we have a "Motorcycle Week" which started out as "Motorcycle weekend" many years ago. Some 300K to 400K bikers show up every year in June.
What if, in stead of Motorcycles it were JEEPS! And instead of June, it was Sept 2014
So I'm thinking of talking with the people who sponsor MC week and a bunch of jeep dealers and companies who might be interested in setting up tents and booths.
And I can already think of a couple good ride events like "Thunder in the Mountains" an organized ride event thru the Sandwich Notch to honor wounded soldiers. And "Jeep Parade" a parade like drive thru 3 or 4 towns.
So who's on board? Anyone else interested?
Anyone interested in helping to organize this?

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
mummaG_207
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm interested but not sure about organizing beyond promoting via word of mouth
mummaG_207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
ParkerXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

id be down to go, absolutely without a doubt hah!
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:59 AM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Or you could just show up at the Great American Jeep Rally:

http://www.jeeprally.org/
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
medijeep

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think it sounds like a good time. But having it in Sept. likely makes those who would drive a greater distance for a Jeep thing have to decide between the Jeep Rally and this event.
There is a Wounded Warriors Salute Jeep weekend at Rocky Mtn Terrain Park on Aug. 8-9th. Lots of raffles and stuff, wheeling from mild to buggy stuff.

Contacting local clubs in the southern Maine, NH, Mass, and Vermont areas may get you more hands-on help as well as ideas. Living in Maine, I know Maine4x4.org is a large group with a presence in the Lewiston/Auburn area.
medijeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.