Pembroke "Range Roads" Abuse - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Hampshire Jeep Forum > Pembroke "Range Roads" Abuse

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I did join ExploringNH a couple months ago but haven't been over there recently. My parents live in Leominster MA so I do get up that way from time to time. Actually bought a Delorme map thinking I drive up in to NH and explore but haven't done it yet.
Yep that's starting to sound familiar now. I think you posted up (or maybe PM'd me since I run the mapping section over there?) about looking for trails in the Mason/New Ipswich area that you could check out when you were around Leominster.

Unread 10-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, I'll get over there this evening to make a donation. And I'd encourage others to do the same. Even if this isn't your part of the country we all need to do what we can to maintain good land access. By being good stewards of the land we are doing our part.
Donation sent. Thanks for all you are doing up there.
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Donation sent. Thanks for all you are doing up there.
Received, thank you!
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Again I would like to thank the guys at VIP Tires & Service in Concord for working with us to help dispose of these tires, as well as anyone who has donated to the cleanup fund!

Here are some pics of the first load of tires I took off the trails yesterday. We are heading out there tomorrow with 3 jeeps and 3 trailers to get all the rest.

Unread 10-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Went back out today with 3 jeeps and 3 trailers to get the rest of the tires! Total count was 108.

Unread 03-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #21
WranglerX2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

WOW! do these people have no respect? Areas like this are hard to come by nowadays especially in this area.

I live about 20 minutes from Pembroke and I am there quite often, I do landscaping in the area. I just in the last week heard about these trails and would love to help volunteer my time to help you guys keep up with these trails.

Where exactly are they? I know Pembroke fairly well, but only the main stretches. Where are they in relation to like the Kimballs Kavern? or academy road?
WranglerX2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #22
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerX2006 View Post
WOW! do these people have no respect? Areas like this are hard to come by nowadays especially in this area.

I live about 20 minutes from Pembroke and I am there quite often, I do landscaping in the area. I just in the last week heard about these trails and would love to help volunteer my time to help you guys keep up with these trails.

Where exactly are they? I know Pembroke fairly well, but only the main stretches. Where are they in relation to like the Kimballs Kavern? or academy road?
Just north/east of there. There are trail heads off most of the main roads in town. Look for the white & green signs.

The Class 6s are currently closed for mud season to all wheeled vehicles over 1000lbs GVW until June 1st. If you have a street-registered dirt bike you're legal to go out there right now. Or if you wanted to walk the trails or ride on bicycle. But that's about all.

I'm hoping to be able to do some bike riding out there this year.
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #23
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

I'm going to ask again, if everyone could please share this thread it would be much appreciated!

Problems have started out there again, and the class 6s are still closed for mud season!

There was a group out there this weekend (same group that was causing problems last year) and caused some serious damage to the banks of a brook as well as private land. I will be hiking the trails tomorrow and taking pictures which I will share.

This is going to be discussed at an upcoming meeting. Everyone except for the yahoos are happy with what we've done, so I'm hoping to be able to work something out.
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #24
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Hate to say it but the only way to deal with the idiots is to track them down and have a little come to Jesus talk.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #25
Fitzyk23

Hi! My friend's dog escaped behind the Cavern yesterday. His name is Brutus and he is a husky lab. He is tan with blue eyes. We think he is roaming the woods off of the Range Roads. First, thanks for all that you do to maintain the roads. I discovered Kimballs Trail and 6th Range Rd after making a wrong turn down Buck one day biking. I got back via quite the adventure that way. Is there a bridge out there too bc I remember fording a swamp with my bicycle?

Anyway, please keep your eyes out for Brutus. If you find him you can reach Corrine (his owner) at the Cavern 485-7777. Even if she is not working, someone will call her. If it is after hours, call Pembroke PD. I'm not comfortable leaving her personal cell here without her permission. Thanks so much!!
Fitzyk23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #26
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzyk23 View Post
Hi! My friend's dog escaped behind the Cavern yesterday. His name is Brutus and he is a husky lab. He is tan with blue eyes. We think he is roaming the woods off of the Range Roads. First, thanks for all that you do to maintain the roads. I discovered Kimballs Trail and 6th Range Rd after making a wrong turn down Buck one day biking. I got back via quite the adventure that way. Is there a bridge out there too bc I remember fording a swamp with my bicycle?

Anyway, please keep your eyes out for Brutus. If you find him you can reach Corrine (his owner) at the Cavern 485-7777. Even if she is not working, someone will call her. If it is after hours, call Pembroke PD. I'm not comfortable leaving her personal cell here without her permission. Thanks so much!!
One more week and we'll be able to take the jeeps out there again! Well, a little longer for me since I'm doing a bunch more work (upgrades) to mine.

Kimball & 6th are just the beginning of the class 6 roads and trails out there. There is a bridge out on 6th Range just past Kimball. That's one thing we're hoping to do something about this year.

I'll keep an eye out for Brutus, but hopefully he is found before I'm able to get out there again.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #27
Fitzyk23

He was found tonight. Thanks so much for responding.
Fitzyk23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #28
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Here is some great news! Patrols will be stepping up next month!

Quote:
OHRV Grant - Police

Chief Gilman provided a brief history of this grant stating that Pembroke had lost this funding for the past two years due to lack of use. However, the grant has been approved for this year (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015) in the amount of $1,080.00. Chief Gilman is confident that there will be no issues utilizing these funds as they will be patrolling the Range Roads. He emphasized that future grants depend upon usage of funds.

Action:
Selectman Kline moved to authorize Chief Gilman to accept the OHRV Grant in the amount of $1,080.00. Selectman Crockwell seconded. Motion passed 4-0.
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #29
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

I got my 4wd working and headed out to Pembroke the other day. Hit just about all the class 6s in the main network, picked up another bag and a half of trash. Most of that was concentrated to the areas where there is a mud hole, or at trail intersections. Someone went around to all the popular shooting sites (where people were dumping bulk items and shooting them up) and put up plywood targets on 2x4s driven into the ground. It seems to be helping out with that type of trash. I did find two "new" TVs and 7 "new" tires though.

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
Unread 10-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #30
dweesejk
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have an auto shop in Concord (Complete Car Care) I will take any tires you pull out of there and I will take care of all disposal. We will be up there this weekend and will pick up all the trash we come across.
dweesejk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.