New Hampshire Mechanic Recommendation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Hampshire Jeep Forum > New Hampshire Mechanic Recommendation

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
cbn78
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New Hampshire Mechanic Recommendation

Looking for recommendations on a decent and affordable mechanic for my 97 TJ. Needs some basic maintenance caught up on... I live on the NH Seacoast, so Rochester/Dover/Portsmouth area is ideal. Thanks!

Unread 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
gradeigh1
2005 WK 

not really in your area but when I lived in Manchester I went to Bob and Sons on Kelly Street.
gradeigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Rubishawn
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I do work on the side
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
triggadew
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I work at VIP lol
triggadew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
mak1978
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Need a little work done, anyone have favorite mechanic. Or anyone with some know how want to help to a little maintenance work.
mak1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Tobit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Steve's Jeep Country right on Route 4 in Epsom is probably one of the best Jeep shops in New Hampshire. It isn't that bad of a drive from the seacoast.
Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
dmicucci
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
Steve's Jeep Country right on Route 4 in Epsom is probably one of the best Jeep shops in New Hampshire. It isn't that bad of a drive from the seacoast.
Not trying to be a bad guy here, but a friend of mine had a set of 4.56 gears and a Super 35 kit with an OX Locker installed here a couple years ago. A hundred miles later one of the wheel bearings chewed through an axle shaft at 60 MPH causing a 35" BFG mud to leave the vehicle on the highway. Opened up the diff to find that there were no axle seals ever installed in the axle and the gears were still dry like they never had any oil on them. Brought the issue to steve's looking only to get the problem corrected with no hard feelings, and they flatly denied any wrong doing, and offered to fix it for about $2500. I mean come on, there were no axle seals in the tube.

That was a couple years ago, so things may be different, but make an informed decision.

That being said, I work at Davies Tire in Portsmouth on Islington St. and we're damn good...

Just sayin... lol
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Erkmed
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicucci

Not trying to be a bad guy here, but a friend of mine had a set of 4.56 gears and a Super 35 kit with an OX Locker installed here a couple years ago. A hundred miles later one of the wheel bearings chewed through an axle shaft at 60 MPH causing a 35" BFG mud to leave the vehicle on the highway. Opened up the diff to find that there were no axle seals ever installed in the axle and the gears were still dry like they never had any oil on them. Brought the issue to steve's looking only to get the problem corrected with no hard feelings, and they flatly denied any wrong doing, and offered to fix it for about $2500. I mean come on, there were no axle seals in the tube.

That was a couple years ago, so things may be different, but make an informed decision.

That being said, I work at Davies Tire in Portsmouth on Islington St. and we're damn good...

Just sayin... lol
Didnt some new guy buy steves jeep country a year or 2 ago or recently? Could have been the old owners but either way id bring it to dmicucci's shop above that he listed id definitly trust him working on my jeeps
Erkmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
I called Steves Jeep Country last year to buy 5 new rims and 5 new tires and have them mounted, balanced and installed. they didnt want to order them or install them. the guy acted like it was too small of a job. they lost all my business and i dont tell people to go there.
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
mak1978
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Driving Straight Again.

Well I had an alignment done today at Davies and no complaints. Steering Wheel no long shakes like it's going to fall off at 45mph and no scratches on my wheels which other places often said would happen.

Thanks - Davies Tire
mak1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.